• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm a little bit chuffed with myself

kurvykaren

I thought I'd update my figures on here and when I worked it out since I joined up I've lost 22lbs - 10lbs of that on my pre-op slimfast diet since Tuesday!

I'm really quite shocked - I've never in my life EVER lost that much weight! My mum even asked if I can do that then perhaps I could carry on like this, but as you'll all know it won't be quite so easy and I'd cave soon enough!

Just wanted to share my little bit of joy and shock with you all.

Hope everyone has a great weekend planned.

I'm off to a hen night tomorrow and will be eating a 3 course dinner but I purposely started my diet 3 weeks before my op to allow for this, and I'm going to choose healthy, low carb options and limit the alcohol too. :17729:

Then on Sunday I'll be straight back on the Slimfast and doing a few hours of games on the Wii (well I say hours but as long as I can last!) with hubby.

Don't want to put many of those 22lbs back on!

Take care all!

Well done with your loss so far , I have just been reading your good post about slimfast!

Good luck with your op too.

Night night, you night owl !! Trisha

Keep it up lovey...not to long before your wls.

I start the milk diet on Monday so iv been sticking to milky coffees and one slimfast a day to get me used to it on the run up to Monday so its not going to be such a shock for me.
Good luck xxx

Well done with your loss so far , I have just been reading your good post about slimfast!

Good luck with your op too.

Night night, you night owl !! Trisha

:wave_cry:Me too Karen-you sound so organised-you are both gonna rock your bypasses:)

Fabulous attitude & loss - enjoy your night out & then back to shrinking that liver - Well done:cool:

Bless you Karen.... keep going Angel, always at your side... I do believe in Slimfast... I lost two stones last summer substituting 2 meals a day with the ready made shakes... you are going to feel so much better and your date is so close... be sure to eat plenty of bran before you go for you op... I did and it helped me no end post op to get my bowels going again.

Love you Angel and take care xxx

Congrats! That is so brilliant.

thats fantastic and will def help with ur op - good luck xx

Oh wow hunny! That is impressive and all before your Op aswell..

Good luck with your Op, it will be here before you know it and by the sounds of it, your head's motivated..

you know wrong from right and how to allow yourself a little bit but then compensate for it afterwards..

which is what weight-loss-surgery is all about, physically other than the scars and the after-care, we don't have to do much (until of course exercise is introduced and what not) but mentally.. its hard work and it seems like you have taken that on board already, good for you!

Have a fabulous night out! As my nan always say's ''If you can't be good, Be careful!'' :p

Marie x

be sure to eat plenty of bran before you go for you op... I did and it helped me no end post op to get my bowels going again.

Hi Bev Hope you are on the mend, and feeling better each day.
What was your pre op diet? If I can, I want to do the milk one, as I am not good at portion control. How would you get bran in then? I do suffer with IBS, and constipation at times. Trisha

I'm really quite shocked - I've never in my life EVER lost that much weight! My mum even asked if I can do that then perhaps I could carry on like this, but as you'll all know it won't be quite so easy and I'd cave soon enough!]

Exactly Karen, I have done well on slimfast, but not long term, as you start eating 'normally' for you and the grip goes.

Well done Karen :D Its such a great start to your journey when we get a good loss on the pre-op. When I went for one of my post-op appointments Chris the dietician said we only take your loss from day of surgery.....I said "Sod that for a lark!! Im counting every bloody pound!" :D XX

With IBS try benefibre on the pre op and for a good few months post op. It really helps prevent bowel issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back