• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm a very new newbie!!

Slimby50

Hi I'm Kaz
I'm so excited. I've been on the local "Tipping The Balance" scheme with the local health authority and have recieved my funding. Now I'm just waiting for my Drs appointment on 1st October to choose my hospital. I have been reading a lot of threads from you brillaint motivating people and can't wait to join you all.

I don't know how long it will be before I hear about my first appointment, let alone my surgery date, but I will stay on here and keep myself eager for the news of the date of the start of my new life!!! OMG!:D Cannot wait.;)

Hi I'm Kaz
I'm so excited. I've been on the local "Tipping The Balance" scheme with the local health authority and have recieved my funding. Now I'm just waiting for my Drs appointment on 1st October to choose my hospital. I have been reading a lot of threads from you brillaint motivating people and can't wait to join you all.

I don't know how long it will be before I hear about my first appointment, let alone my surgery date, but I will stay on here and keep myself eager for the news of the date of the start of my new life!!! OMG!:D Cannot wait.;)

Hi Kaz, I think we met at the bariatric information day last month? Its great to hear you got your funding. This forum has been a great source of information and support for me, I'm sure it will be for you too.

Fiona

Thanks Fiona. How is ur loss going? U were such an inspiration at the meeting. I hope I get as much from this WLS site as u havexxx

Thanks Fiona. How is ur loss going? U were such an inspiration at the meeting. I hope I get as much from this WLS site as u havexxx

Thank you :ashamed0005:. My loss is pretty steady, think I've dropped another stone since we met. Its has slowed a lot now, but that's inevitably really. Trying to work through the more psychological side of things at the moment, I'm a work in progress, lol. You must be so excited, any idea which hospital you will opt for? My offer of meeting up for a coffee and a chat still stands. Just let me know if you fancy it.

I would love that. St Richards for me!

good luck and all the best

Good luck, the site will certainly keep you motivated, I'm new here and am loving the inspirational stories from people on the looser bench xx

So just a quick catch up....OMG, Drs next week for him to start my application to St Richard's. I'm so excited.
I've spoken to a lot of my friends at home and there is a very mixed response. People say why can't you just diet and exercise...well I done that and put the weight back on. I try to explain that if I don't have the surgey then I could be dead by 50 and I want to be slim by 50!!!!
I guess naturaly "slim" people don't understand what it's like to be fat. The negativity society shows on a fat person. For example, I am a highly skilled woman, and was told that if I joined a temping agency I wouldn't get any work because of my size...what does my fat hinder the use of my brain?? Can i not type or use the telephone???
I get more abuse walking down the street than someone from an ethnic minority. When I sit on a train people don't sit next to me ...obviously I have a contagious disease called fatness. I don't take up two seats!
I feel like I am in limbo, the twilight zone... and just want to know that things will start moving, however slowly soon, (Next week), there will be a light at the end of a tunnel!!!

Hi and welcome Kaz :). I'm six weeks post op but lost a lot of weight beforehand in order that I could get my bypass. Good luck for your journey hun x

Hi Frankie, I've read loads of ur posts, and ur weight loss has been inspirational. Thanks for the message. I've got along way to go before my journey
starts,but this forum keeps me positive that I will b a post_opper one day. I look forward to reading more of ur journey. Xx

Hi Frankie, I've read loads of ur posts, and ur weight loss has been inspirational. Thanks for the message. I've got along way to go before my journey
starts,but this forum keeps me positive that I will b a post_opper one day. I look forward to reading more of ur journey. Xx

Thank you :)

It will fly by hun. Just out with hubby more clothes shopping :eek: hehe. Sitting having coffee and talking about how quickly the past year has gone by and how we just haven't had time for time to breath at times as things happened so fast. This time last year it was all pipe dreams and fairy dust :) now I'm six weeks ino my bypass. It's an incredible journey you are embarking on. Good Luck :)

Back