• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HI ALL NEW BOD HERE

JED

Hi. my names jed and ive just recieved my GB date its june 3rd got an appointment on 19th may at the pre surgery clinic to get started on the liver diet to be honest i cant wait for surgery im 6ft1 and 24st ive been big all my life so now hopefully ill see life from the skinny side lol not scared of the surgery but scared of swallowing something for the 1st time after surgery.

Hi Jed and welcome. Don't be scared of swallowing anything first time. Just remember little sips, it's not a rush to drink it down.... If you are really thirsty (you could be if the weather continues to be hot till June lol) then suck on ice cubes or sugar free ice lollies/mini milks also....

It only hurts when you gulp fluids or don't chew food thoroughly. Small bites when you go onto solids.

Use this site to get all the information you can, that's what we're here for xx

Hi Jed and Welcome, Good Luck with your journey through wls x

Welcome and good luck xx

Welcome to our family Jed xxx

Hi. my names jed and ive just recieved my GB date its june 3rd got an appointment on 19th may at the pre surgery clinic to get started on the liver diet to be honest i cant wait for surgery im 6ft1 and 24st ive been big all my life so now hopefully ill see life from the skinny side lol not scared of the surgery but scared of swallowing something for the 1st time after surgery.

Hi Jed, welcome to this wonderful site.

Like you, I am a new member (joined yesterday) and am pre operative. I haven't been lucky enough to get my date yet but I am excited for you to be so close to yours. Hopefully I will be posting my date some day soon too :)

Good luck with your new healthier life ahead :)

Jen

Hi Jed and :welcome: to the forum.

You will get lots of help on here as well as learn an awful lot about your surgery - as well as how others cope once they have had their ops!

Have a look around and ask any questions you want. We are all here to help and support each other. You have a little while until your surgery, so make yourself at home and keep posting!

Good Luck with the pre-op diet, once you get through the first few days, its plain sailing! :D

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Welcome aboard Jed x

Hi Jed and welcome. I am too pre-op (5th may!) and can't offer much advice but there is so much help on here and everyone is lovely. Good luck xx

Hi Jed and Welcome.

I am 6'.0" and was 23st ~ 3lb never really felt big as I am broad and well built anyway still the time came to do something about my weight and I am so glad I did. I am 3 weeks out (as of yesterday) and have lost a total of 40lb - you will get to grips with what you can and can’t manage very quickly.

Cheers and good luck.

Kevin

Big thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. reading some of the posts on here its amazing how this is gonna change my life ive just come through the worst three years of my life but thats another story and this op is all ive been focusing on and now i can almost touch it sounds silly but things have really been that bad and this is my cloud with the silver lining once again many thanks for the very warm welcome.

Big thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. reading some of the posts on here its amazing how this is gonna change my life ive just come through the worst three years of my life but thats another story and this op is all ive been focusing on and now i can almost touch it sounds silly but things have really been that bad and this is my cloud with the silver lining once again many thanks for the very warm welcome.

I can relate to the worst three yrs of my life and now the future is lookin sooo good :D
Look forward to hearing from you in the wks to come.
(Nice to see someone else from Surrey too!)

Back