• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im Back! Just want to check if somethings are "normal"!!

jayniemac

So im just back from brussels...

Hospital and team were excellent couldnt fault a thing. Have already had the whole what have i dont to myself scenario! its a pity there isnt a cure for the desire to eat junk! Had to stop at the docs on the way back from the airport because i feel a mega burning painful sensation all down my left side. I know thats where my port is and its supposed to be sore but this burning feels the same as when my c section scar became infected...anyway, the doc gave me anti biotics as a precaution as she said it looked a little red. Its very sore, sore to stand up out of bed or from a chair. (this is the hole where my drain was, the other 4 areas seem ok)

Few issues though...

My God...the wind!! I cant seem to pass it either end but i look about 5 months pregnant and i feel like im about to explode, its awful

and

secondly, i feel like ive swallowed a tennis ball and its lodged on my breastbone, its quite painful, will this go away? I really feel like im "feeling" the band if that makes sense? actually sometimes it feels like its lodged in my throat and chest area...

oh AND

would also appreciate an idea of how much water to drink at a time or how much yoghurt to have at a time? Ive been taking sips but i dont want to get dehydrated.

Hi
Congratulations on the band and its nice to hear you had a good experience abroad.

Re the pains, it's totally normal, if you get a temperature, or red streaks running from a wound site then take the anti biotics, but otherwise the wind pains are pretty horrible and mess with your head trying to make you think there is something wrong when it's just normal!

The bloating will go away after a week or so and as for how much to drink, just sips regularly until you feel you can manage more and then same for the yogurt really. Small spoonfuls and stop when you feel full.

HTH

Claire x

Well done!! So glad it went well, was thinking about you.

Think most have the wind thing, deflatine or windeeze and try walking up and down. I too feel what I think is the band in the same place as you though a week on its more of an awareness than a pain. I feel it more in the morning and it eases later on a bit.

I have heard various guides around how much of yoghurt / soup to take, the best I have found and am living by (and getting better everyday) is to take time between spoonfuls and you know when you have had enough. I have found I can take in a lot of water if I sip all day and they do say drink to shrink so I sip all the time. I cant sleep on my port side, still feels a bit tender and is where most of the bruising is so this may be common x

Keep in touch let us know how you get on.

Hi Jayniemac, you lucky old dog being a looser now. I cant wait. I know what to do for wind - buy a kite he he - sorry really bad joke. Hope you get over it soon. xxx

Well done on your surgery, what you are feeling is quite normal so don't panic xx Did your provider not give u an post-op diet sheet of what should you be eating and drinking Hun ????

Hi thanks everyone,

yeah sorry he did give me a brocuhure on what i shouldnt and shouldnt be eating, i readit thoroughly again last nite and found the amounts re: water, i guess i was too stoned after the anaesthetic to take it all in!!

Changed my dressings today, all looks fine, gas is still really uncomfortable and driving me mad but the worst thing is definitly the pain in the middle of my chest like someone is squeezing on my stomach and i want to gag...but im swallowing water ok so i hope its swelling and it will go away soon. Finding it a bit tougher than i thought it would be, but i suppose WLS is never an easy answer.

Back