• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it normal...

ldavidson84

to not feel any restriction after 1st fill?

I had my fill on Tuesday and im back on normal and dont feel like i have any restriction.

Also im getting a horrible pain in my left shoulder after i eat :cry:its like the wind pain i had after the surgery but its after a meal.

Neen

WLS Moderator
I had half mils in at first and I didn't feel a difference either. Depends how your individual body reacts to it I spose alongside the amount you have in x
This is why it's really important to plan a healthy diet or follow something like WWatchers/rosemary conley etc because it really helps keep you from going off course before you get to a decent fill you can notice in my view and something I wish I would have done x

weeble

Wobbles
I've had two fills - both two mls - and didn't get any restriction after my first fill. After my second fill I got some restriction for about four weeks before it went away. I am getting my third fill next week. It can take a while to get to the 'sweet' spot.

I am newly banded (Thursday) and Mr Sigurdsson put 4ml in straightaway. I am not really sure why, I was expecting it to be empty.

JoxJo

My first fill was 5ml in a 10ml band. I have some restriction depends what I'm eating cereal soon fills me snd ryvitas but I'm looking forward to my next fill as my potion size is my problem still!

Leesh

I have had about 5 fills in total plus the 2mls put in by surgeon. My providers are very carefull not to over fill which is fine by me. I think I have finally got some restriction. Everyone is different when it comes to the amount of fills needed. Not really sure what makes the difference but I assume it has something to do with original tummy size/posititioning of the band maybe (does anyone know this?)

I think you just have to try your hardest not to overeat while you are in between fills etc. Easier said than done I know but Neens advice is good about the weight watchers etc. Wish I had followed it too. he he.

Leesh

x