• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling down......................want to cry

:cry:Hi peeps, i so need your help as ive gone back to my old ways of eating. I had my band on the 12th March with my first fill on the 16th April. Ive lost 18lbs so far but seem to be in a downwards spiral mood wise and its making me eat all the wrong things. My next fill isn't til 2nd July as my consultant is off for all of June. Any help, tips or words of wisdom would be great. Thanks xx

Oh dear, try to keep posting and talking to different people, look at the menu sites and things so you can try new things. We all fall back now and again, but you just have to start again and go back to basics till you get back in a routine of healthy things again, I'm a bypasser so won't try to tell you what to eat look at the info you came home with usually that helps me, if you want to cry then cry sometimes it just needs to come out, tomorrow is a new day , new start, take care n try and have a little pamper session, hair, nails something new, just to make a small but pleasant change xx

I'm so glad u put this post up , I've have had times like yourself and I didnt put it on here as everyone else seemed too be doing so well,just remember we are all in the same boat we all have the same feelings too I've lost 2 stone since I had mine done on the 28th April and everyone else has had there's done after is losing stone after stone :( by now ,they eat 800 kcals etc and stick too it by the word and me I'm a total failure at times I've had choc crisps etc but the way I look at it now is at least I'm 2 stone down not 2 stone up , chin up chick we only human after all :) xx

Are you tracking what you eat? If you are on myfitnesspal (or similar) it really helps. Until the restriction kicks in more, have you considered counting calories or joining a diet class? Or maybe focused on increasing your protein and increasing your exercise to give you balance in these early stages? Don't get me wrong, it's not easy, and most of us have been where you are now. Planning meals ahead is also helpful to maintain focus. Remember why you chose surgery in the first place. Don't feel a failure or let things get you down. ... Just think positive ... The past IS the past, tomorrow is a new day :) x

yes we've all been there! It's how to turn that corner! Someone recommended a food mood diary...writing down your frame of mind before you go for the carb killer snacks. Usually stress, boredom etc and it's then ensuring you have an action to counteract it when it next crops up! Trust me we all fight the monsters on a regular basis, but don't give into them! don't buy in what you can't have, if you need need need make it sugar free jelly or fruit for example...not the same..I know..but you want a loss every week so no pain no gain(loss) :) chin up xx

Yep, definitely don't buy it, if you don't want to be tempted.

Morning, thank you all so much for the replies. As you say today is a new day so im going to do my best. Im a single mum and find it hardest when my son has gone to bed. I like the idea of not buying the snacks i shouldn't be eating so will do this. Hope you have a lovely Monday Hx

Morning, thank you all so much for the replies. As you say today is a new day so im going to do my best. Im a single mum and find it hardest when my son has gone to bed. I like the idea of not buying the snacks i shouldn't be eating so will do this. Hope you have a lovely Monday Hx

Hi Hun

I can relate as evenings were my problem times too.

Something that worked for me was distraction. Take your mind off food in the evenings by doing something. Do you have any exercise dvd's you could do? have a bath, clean the cupboards out etc, etc.

Prepare some healthy snacks ie fruit or raw veg to have if you really need something.

Good luck xx

Hi Hun

I can relate as evenings were my problem times too.

Something that worked for me was distraction. Take your mind off food in the evenings by doing something. Do you have any exercise dvd's you could do? have a bath, clean the cupboards out etc, etc.

Prepare some healthy snacks ie fruit or raw veg to have if you really need something.

Good luck xx
Hi mmmm my cupboards do need cleaning thats for sure. cant exercise at the mo because ive had a achillies tendon operation in Jan thats not worked so in pain everyday. Im always tired when i get back from work and ive decided that maybe im lazy. Thank you for the tips and i will make a start on my cupboards. Hx

afandou1999 said:
Hi mmmm my cupboards do need cleaning thats for sure. cant exercise at the mo because ive had a achillies tendon operation in Jan thats not worked so in pain everyday. Im always tired when i get back from work and ive decided that maybe im lazy. Thank you for the tips and i will make a start on my cupboards. Hx

Yes that used to be me, id flop after work!but as the weight comes off its surprising how much energy comes back! You'll soon start to feel it! I've just got in from Zumba....now if you'd asked me a year ago about exercise I'd have swore! Lol x

Ah ah Jo I have zumba on Monday as well except tonight got my hair done :) it is hard sometimes but one thing for me is to not feel guilty admit you are human and make mistake but it is how u pick yourself up. I am only starting my new body and new life and that's not because I have lots all the weight, 50 pounds since august, so not speedy speed but I can eat everything, down a pint of water etc.. but at least I enjoy my food a lot more just in smaller quantity and for me for right now it works for me. It also give me more time to adjust to eating small quantities. Who would have though I would need to adjust to eat less but you do, you cannot stuff yourself anymore, not even on slider food and sometimes I miss it because it only leaves me to deal with whats really going on emotionally and although its unusual its a lot healthier because once emotion are dealt with the dealt with end off. So if u need to cry scream laugh whatever we are here for you xxx

we all fall at some point but its our ability to dust your self up and change ur ways that matters. its not too late to make that change!! all the best in the future....

Hi Hun how are you doing now ? I would advise to keep urself busy in the evenings pamper ur self , and if u do feel the need to have that something have some fruit or salad , something that wont do a gr8 deal of harm like choc,crisps etc etc - Wishing you all the best x

Back