• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Everyone

Tickety Boo

Hi Everyone

I'd just like to say 'Hi'. I'm new to this forum but not to weight loss surgery. I had a band fitted back in 2003 but for the past 4 years its not been working with me. As a result I am now back to just under my starting weight and I'm looking into a revision. Revision to what I'm not sure yet either RnY or a Sleeve.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has had either op or a revision.

Look forward to keeping in touch.

:D

Hi TB

welcome to the site. sorry I can't advise about the revision surgery, but good luck with it x

hi and welcome to WLS.
I've had the sleeve, and it's the best thing i have ever done (except having my 2 loverly children).

Your story has a ring of familiarity... Give it a little while and our very own j.u.s.t.l.i.z. will be along. She is having revision surgery sometime in the next few months i believe.

Good luck with it, and keep us posted xx

ps. oops, welcome, enjoy, pull up a chair, grab a cuppa and a bisquit n have a good nose xxx

Hi there and welcome, i'm also new to the site and have found everyone so helpful and inspiring
xx

Hiya
From what ive read on other forums there have been alot of people who have had the band who are now waiting for other surgery. It will more than likely depend on your BMI and if you have any health issues. You will need to speak to your surgeon. You will have to wait for can't remember how many mths after having the band taken out b4 you can have another op. If you have a lot to lose BMI of 40 and above with no health issues i would go for the Bypass. The sleeve is a good option but there not to sure on the long term effectiveness of the sleeve E.G will your stomach stretch in the future. The bypass has been tried and tested. Plus if your private they cost about the same. The sleeve and bypass are also permanent. Its up to you, read, read, read about the two and speak to a proffessional, good luck! xxx

thanks everyone for saying Hi and offering me your advice it is much appreciated.

I've just had a barium swallow to check the placement of the band etc and everything looks fine so I'm hopefully going to have a small fill soon and go back to basics to see if I can get the weight loss going. My daughter gets married in 6 weeks and I still won't buy anything to wear, I will be there at the last minute.

Hi welcome to this site .I am new to this site and have found it very helful.:p

Last edited:
Back