• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im doing ok from Dr Prof.Ammori at 5 years post op!

emma-louise

my new life!!
Yesterday..I had my appointment regarding surgery I had back in May.
I'm was lucky to see Dr Prof Ammori on this occasion,and we had a good chat and I learnt a few things.
He asked how things was after my recent surgery I had with the other surgeon he works with.
If anyone has read past posts you will now I have suffered many years with tummy troubles.
I told him whatever the other surgeon had done it seems to have helped a great deal.
When looking at my notes it was a hole that was stitched up due to the intestines maybe slipping through.
I knew this was always the case with me,as I was unable to bend and sit without a great deal of pain building up,and I knew I was suffering with trapped bowels.
It goes to show we know our own bodies!
He looked at my weightloss and being 5 years post op he told me I'm doing rather well!
I was honest with him and told him I had let my crisp habit slip back in,but he just told me to look for other things to eat.
At my stage he mentioned lots of people had gained almost all or all of their weight lost back.
So I'm doing good....I was so chuffed with myself!
He asked if the dumping had stopped now at my stage..as in almost all cases it does,as our pouches are more like a proper functioning stomachs.
He was very pleased to hear that dumping was rife as ever! And my restriction is strong too.
He smiled and I told him thank god it's still with me or my weight would be back on.
Anyway..I came from that appointment very pleased with myself...after all this misery I had something to smile about.
Just one last test to come back to check if I've got a h pylori bug....so all is good for a change!

That's long awaited fabulous news. Well done you its about time you can get back to some normality in your life. Its easy to let our old eating ways back in but its just a push to keep it going again. You are doing fab and a great inspiration to me and all the others out there. xxx

Great update!! :)

So pleased you are doing well!! xx

Thank you Chrisa and Helen...yep I've gained weight but at least my pain has been resolved,just need to cut back on my naughty crisp habit.

Back