• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm going to turn orange!

kurvykaren

So it's now 6 days since my op and obviously I'm still on liquids but I seem to be living on tomato soup and orange juice!

I'm sure my skin will start looking tanned soon! lol

And, (to be blunt!) my pee is pretty dark - but is it because I'm dehydrated and not drinking enough or because of all the orange stuff I'm consuming! lol

This probably doesn't sound enough but so far today I've had 2 cokecan sized glasses of orange juice, an Actimel, a small mug of milky coffee, half a tin of soup and an ice lolly (made with nas squash). Should I have more plain water? Will have the other half tin of soup for my tea in about an hour.

I've had a lazy day looking though loads of magazines that I've been saving up and getting from my sister for when I'm off work recovering, drooling over the recipes, lol, but found some nice things to look forward too - like a pizza made with a tortilla wrap so nice and thin (not like a nice cheesy deep pan), and a jacket potato filling that was grated cheese and carrot mixed with a little low fat cheese spread - looked lush and sounded divine - but I guess thats more orange! lol
xx

Don't worry about turning orange.
Most of the girls/women round this area have turned orange but I think that is down to fake tan:D:D

kurvykaren said:
So it's now 6 days since my op and obviously I'm still on liquids but I seem to be living on tomato soup and orange juice!

And, (to be blunt!) my pee is pretty dark - but is it because I'm dehydrated and not drinking enough or because of all the orange stuff I'm consuming! lol

This probably doesn't sound enough but so far today I've had 2 cokecan sized glasses of orange juice, an Actimel, a small mug of milky coffee, half a tin of soup and an ice lolly (made with nas squash). Should I have more plain water? Will have the other half tin of soup for my tea in about an hour.

I've had a lazy day looking though loads of magazines that I've been saving up and getting from my sister for when I'm off work recovering, drooling over the recipes, lol, but found some nice things to look forward too - like a pizza made with a tortilla wrap so nice and thin (not like a nice cheesy deep pan), and a jacket potato filling that was grated cheese and carrot mixed with a little low fat cheese spread - looked lush and sounded divine - but I guess thats more orange! lol
xx

Karen, are you able to drink normal orange juice?
I'm only allowed diluted (50% OJ / 50% water), but really need to 'taste' something.
xXx

They said to add a little water to it but not as much as 50/50, mines more 80/20 and I've been fine.

kurvykaren said:
They said to add a little water to it but not as much as 50/50, mines more 80/20 and I've been fine.

I might try that then - just need a bit of variety!! :)

Deffo get some more water down your neck Karen,the kidneys are very sensitive to change and can pack up if not kept flushed,Anyone looking for a tasty drink try Tropicana still lemonade,its quite sweet so I diluted by about a third with water.Two flavours,raspberry/lemon/apple or grapefruit/lemon/apple.

I bought some Tropicana Still Lemonade to try - it's on offer in Morrisons for £1.

I'll def start on more water. Going to hunt down some more nas flavours when I next shop. May stroll round Costco tomorrow while Hubbys driving me there to renew my membership but their selection isn't huge but will check it out anyway.

dairylea triangles are a good way of getting a bit more protein in and don't 'stick'.

I was getting pain in my kidneys in the first couple of weeks so started carrying a bottle of water with me wherever I went. I also made some sugar free jelly to up my liquid intake too. Be careful to chew it though as it's easy to let big pieces of it slide down your throat.

I went straight onto pureed food on release from hospital and quite enjoyed mini muller rices, yoghurts, mashed potato with cheese and meat paste which i licked off a cracker but didn't eat the cracker.

Hi Yorkie - can I have triangles this early?

Well I added some yellow to the diet today - low fat custard! I had some for lunch instead of soup - it was lovely but don't think I'll have it for tea tonight, I'll go back to my soup!
Oh - and I had the most delicious gorgeous Del Monte 100% orange juice lolly today - it really was sooooo lovely!

You sound like you're doing really well.

As for the orange pee....at least it's not the dreaded orange oil that I'm sure most of us have experienced with the old blue orlistat tablets!!!!!!!!!!

I came home on day 5 and had a dairylea triangle light with no problem. You need to eat it very slowly of course.

xx

:D Five weeks ago I turned yellow but it wasn't because of what I was eating LOL

Hydration is very important your wee should be clear though I know during the early days getting enough clear liquid in is far from easy. Orange squash is ok as long as it's non added sugar but fresh orange should deffo be diluted at least 50/50 and to be honest its best avoided if you can. Its quite high in natural sugars and acidic and might aggravate your pouch. I was told avoid citrous juices and even now I don't drink them neat. I use the volvic touch of lemon sugar free water and try to get two large bottles a day in though its works out expensive that way

Good luck

Back