• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My pre-op diet

Sarah Metcalf

I'm on the liquid diet (800 calories) and so far today have had:

BF:1 weetabix
L: Cauliflower cheese soup with bacon (made up my own recipe and it was surprisingly tasty!
sf jelly with icecream

Drinks:
200mls orange juice
Coffee (made from my 1pt daily allowance)
2 cups of blackcurrant squash made with hot water

I'm feeling excited as 2 weeks today I'll be banded :)
I've an appointment tomorrow with the surgeon, but I'm going to ring the hospital today as I think it'll be cancelled.

Yippeee Sarah you are on your way. Yes ring the hospital as the weather is horrendous. Good Luck love xxxx

Well done on beginning your diet pet. I hope the weather eases before your surgery date.
Love Grace xxx

Thanks Grace, I'm missing the sight of grass, I want this snow to go!

Well it's day 2:
Breakie:
1 weetabix
Coffee
Juice

Lunch:
carrot and parsnip soup
low fat yoghurt

Calories (so far) 400

Dinner will be:
cauliflower cheese soup
200ml icecream

Evening:
milky drink

Exercise:
Rosemary Connellys dvd

It's not going to badly, I can eat as much sf jelly as I want which is helping. My hubby is also cooking the dinner for him and Charlie and last night I went upstairs for an hour so the smell didn't tempt me (it was bliss having an hour to myself).

As motivation I went into Evans today and bought jeans in a size 22 (I was a size 26/28 at the start of this journey), I haven't tried them on, but I am determined to get into the soon!!!! I also bought my nighties for the op, medication to help with wind post op and lots of xmas decs, so my mood is good (I'm a huge believer in retail therapy lol!). Long may it continue x

OMG the jeans fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried them on tonight and I can get into them, I'm so happy! They do give me a slight camels foot, so I will need to lose more for them to look ok, but I'm very pleased :)

Made some sf jelly this afternoon and have frozen some in icecube trays, I'm hoping they'll be like frozen boiled sweets :)

Well done on the jeans fitting!

Thanks Grace, I'm still smiling about it.

Well I got on the scales this morning and I'm now 17st 11, I'm really happy about this as my belly looks bigger than normal at the moment, so I was worried I'd put on.

Todays menu is the same as the others, I'm going to a friends for lunch and she's very kindly making soup for me. Then hopefully I can get to work this afternoon (it's snowing again, argh!).

Looking in my wardrobe has made me realise that I can't wait to get rid of the coat hangers with size 26/28 on them, I'm really embarrassed by them, whenever anyone comes to stay I always make sure there's none lying around. x

Thanks Sugga.

I've fell into a routine (of sorts) now, I'm also trying to get into the drinking habit (I'm not drinking 30 mins before and after food), and it's taken some getting used to.

Morning:
100mls orange juice
coffee
wait 30 mins then 1 weetabix

mid morn:
100 orange juice
coffee

Lunch:
200mls soup
yoghurt
wait 30 mins, cordial

mid aft:
sf jelly
coffee

Dinner:
Have a glass of cordial 30 mins before dinner
200ml soup
50g icecream (sainsburys make a mince pie flavour which is amazing)
30 mins later, cordial

Evening:
Options hot choc made up with a mug of skimmed milk

Total calories 800

It's not going too badly, I'm always glad when it gets to this time of night as I know I've managed another day. My hubby and son have been great and are very considerate. The only niggle I have is that I haven't been for a bowel movement for 4 days, I realise that I've not been eating my usual quantities which is why I haven't been, but I do hope I go soon.

I've weighed myself this morning and I've lost 1 and a 1/2 stones, wohoo! I think I'm losing 1lb per day on this diet, and that helps with my focus.
Going to make sweet potato, lentil and bacon soup today, it's a friends recipe and is yummy.
And I finally went to the toilet last night :)

I've done 30 mins with Rosemary Connelly today, and tried more of a intermediate stage, then...I did 15 sit ups!!!!!!!!!!! I have never been able to get further than raising my shoulders slightly off the floor, but I did them on the bed, hooked my feet under the bars at the foot of it and managed to do proper ones!!!! Very pleased.
Also managed to drink more water today, as well as not going to the toilet, I had noticed that my hair is very dry and wrinkles more pronounced, so hopefully it'll help. x

Thanks ladies.

Well I'm nearly there, only 2 days left. I hit a weird patch today, this afternoon I suddenly got very snappy, then felt dazed, couldn't focus properly and my coordination went, I think my blood sugar dipped too low (I've had 2 very hectic days). So I had an extra bowl of soup and felt better almost immediately, I'm not sure if that was the right thing to do, but thought that an extra 100 calories for one day it would be ok.

I am going in on Tuesday at 1, they will do my blood tests then (which ones do they do?) and will stay overnight (they wanted me there at 6.30am on the Wed, but as I live over an hour away and it'd mean dragging OH and son out I asked to go in the day before) I'll have my op on Wed.

I'm going through a range of emotions, not helped by my totm arriving this morning (better now than wed), got a bit upset yesterday incase the worst did happen, but mainly I'm looking forward to the future and joining the losers bench. xx

Dont worry hun Im sure you will sail through the op, you will be back here posting before you know it wondering what you were ever worried about :D XX

Thanks Jacqui, I've just noticed that you've lost 4st already, well done xx

Had my final pre-op weigh in this morning, I'm now 17st 6lb which is 23lb gone (and it's my totm), I'm really happy with that, the surgeon requested that I lose a stone so I think he'll be happy as well.

I think I'm all organised now, my bag's packed, housework done, lots of soup in the freezer, just got to pop to the bank and PO this morning and I think that's me ready :) x

Back