• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm home without a Bypass!!

indianlight

What more can I say really?

I went into hospital on thursday ready to have band taken out and bypass done on friday. Went into surgery fully aware that the bypass might not happen, it all depended on how difficult it would be taking the band out and how much scarr tissue there was.

Well, they got the band out and there was a massive amount of scarr tissue, I went into theatre at 9 and went into recovery at 1.30, so was in there a long time. He told me afterward he had to stitch my stomach and that my liver was stuck to my stomach and he had to wash me out. Now i'm nice and clean and sorted to go through it all again in 3 months time when i'm all healed...

I don't know how I feel about all this though and don't know what i should feel...i'm worried that i can't gain any weight in that 3 months (how easy is that to do???), my mind was all sorted for my op now, now i have to get it all sorted again. I'd planned a holiday for when I was well enough, i had sorted time off work, in fact everythign was organised and now its all up in the air and i just don't know where to start sorting it....moan over!!

on the plus side my wonderful boyfriend while I was in hospiatl, booked us a holiday in Malta for New year to cheer me up...without me knowing!!x

:hug99: what a palava! It always scares me when you hear the damage the band does to the stomach :eek:

Its best to heal though, surely having a damaged stomach would have meant more chance of complications with the bypass, such as leakage etc.

As for the next 3 months, you've got all of us to get you through :hug99:

Thanks Shell, its just all very disheartening and this will be the third time i will have gone through it. in fact i did say last night that i wasn't sure if i should go through with it! of course i will do but it is crossing my mind..

Sorry to hear everything didn't do to plan - we will all help you keep your weight off by supporting you in anyway we can. I know you had psyched yourself up and it looks now you will have to go through it again but if something is worth having it's worth waiting for. Your boyfriend is a real treasure to book such a lovely holiday break - at least you have something nice on the horizon to look forward to. Keep smiling and take good care of yourself it will all work out x

Oh, sorry that ur being put through all of this. Hope you feel better soon, and that ur next op is straight forward xxx

sorry to hear about that Hun .. but its best that your 100% for the bypass .. or else would of just made your experience nasty and ill ..

so not long Hun at least you know its coming .. and you will be all heeled by then ..

xx

poor you, but look st it this way the 3 motnhs will give you time to heal and help you have a better bypass experience, plus the next 3 months you will not have to contend with your band problems, plus you now have a loverly holiday to look forward to :)

As fpor keeping the weight off you have put in some good work prior to this and you will continue to practise them now. we are all here to talk to and distract you from slipping into old habits, best thing you can do is when you have recovered enough to keep yourself occupied walking and exercising ect, to distract you from any hunger pangs

What more can I say really?

I went into hospital on thursday ready to have band taken out and bypass done on friday. Went into surgery fully aware that the bypass might not happen, it all depended on how difficult it would be taking the band out and how much scarr tissue there was.

Well, they got the band out and there was a massive amount of scarr tissue, I went into theatre at 9 and went into recovery at 1.30, so was in there a long time. He told me afterward he had to stitch my stomach and that my liver was stuck to my stomach and he had to wash me out. Now i'm nice and clean and sorted to go through it all again in 3 months time when i'm all healed...

I don't know how I feel about all this though and don't know what i should feel...i'm worried that i can't gain any weight in that 3 months (how easy is that to do???), my mind was all sorted for my op now, now i have to get it all sorted again. I'd planned a holiday for when I was well enough, i had sorted time off work, in fact everythign was organised and now its all up in the air and i just don't know where to start sorting it....moan over!!

on the plus side my wonderful boyfriend while I was in hospiatl, booked us a holiday in Malta for New year to cheer me up...without me knowing!!x

hi deb i got your voice message and i replyed with a text i dont know if you recieved it or not, ive been worried about you and i hope your ok. when they removed my band they told me the same thing about posible scars to the tummy, i understand this will be hard for you but its best to let yourself heal to have your bypass safley. the 3 months will soon pass and hopefully it will be 3rd time lucky and it should go smoothly.
if you need anything please dont hesitate to ring, text or email me hun.

liz xxx

Hi chick sorry to hear your having so much trouble, take things easy and three months will soon pass and hopefully the next time will be the last time and you can get settled. What a lovely boyfriend taking you on holiday...xx

Hi hun, sorry to hear that you have to wait for the bypass but it is for a very valid reason. I think right now 3 months seems like forever but you really need the time to recover properly. As for the weight you might gain over that time, put that thought out of your head. You have been through too much already, I bet you will have more motivation & will power than you think! And like everyone before me has said, you do have us and we know just how you feel.

(((Big Hugs)))

I hope you recovery quickly from your op and can start on your way to that bypass!

Nic;););)

Hi Deb

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry that things didn't go to plan. Like everyone has said though the time will fly. Your determination though is evident, losing all that weight in such a short time was fantastic. You'll be fine. A lovely holiday to look forward to.....
x

Sorry you've had such a disappointment - I guess that at least the surgeon has got you all ready to go for next time. Best wishes for recovering from this op.

so sorry you have had such problems, fingers crossed it is third time lucky for you, hope your feeling ok? x

Thanks to you all. I'm starting to feel a bit better about it all now, maybe cos i'm feeling a bit more normal after the op generally.
I've just got to hope that my weight doesn't go up!! however, it did go down yesterday by 5lbs!! this is what happens when you don't eat very much for a few days...

Back