• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm home and have a bypass!! woohoo!!

indianlight

Hi everyone, I got home todya am feeling very tired. I'l keep it short today and post more when i feel better.

I had a tough time of it, though it did go well. My liver was stuck to my back again and my stomach was stuck too, this was due to the scar tissue off the previous ops, so surgeon said recovery would be slower and didn't expected me to go home til sun/monday. He was impressed with the turnaround in 24 hrs and let me go tady, which I was pleased about btu think I overdid it this morning and am paying for it now.

I havent had any pain releif since yesterday morning, but am in a little discomfort, I am surprised that hospital sent me home with Tromadol though, i'l hopefully NEVER need them.

I'm struggling to balance, food, fluids & tablets at the moment but am sure that will come with time.

Thanks for all your good wishes and will talk soon xx

Glad to see your done and recovering. Take it real easy for the next few days, keep your fluids up and don't over do it again or I'll send the boys round alright............

Welcome home. Sorry to hear that your recovery will take time. Have a lovely rest now and congratulations on your op. Mxx

thanks everyone and Karlos hold on those boys i couldnt deal with them yet!! lol

I wonder if someone can help, think my band and bypass heads are a bit muddled at the moment. Is it sugars I should be avoiding? if so is it all sugars? my 100% pure orange juice hsa natural sugar in it is that ok? can someone please clarify for my poor addled brain...Thanks xx

glad to hear your home and on the way to recovery. take it easy hun :)

thanks everyone and Karlos hold on those boys i couldnt deal with them yet!! lol

I wonder if someone can help, think my band and bypass heads are a bit muddled at the moment. Is it sugars I should be avoiding? if so is it all sugars? my 100% pure orange juice hsa natural sugar in it is that ok? can someone please clarify for my poor addled brain...Thanks xx

Sugar is less of an issue when on the liquid and pureed stage. It is confusing I know you are told to avoid sugar, yet you see custard jelly and milkshakes on your diet sheet. :confused: Its later when you go onto food with lumps that sugar is then not a good idea.

Give it a go in small amounts and unless you get an adverse reaction you will be ok. Nic will be along with her legendary nutritional advice soon and will sort you out.

Boys are back in their box.......for now.....you be good though or else ;)

hi deb and welcome back hun, rest up and take it easy hun, im sure the bypassers will be here soon to help with your questions, speak soon.

liz xxx

hi hun im glad your home safe and sound im afraid its trial and error as everyone is diffrent and can tolerate diffrent things, i can not do any fresh fruit juice but others can.Karlos is right try a little bit and see how you feel goodluck x x x x x

Hi and welcome back. Sorry you had a tough time but hopefully you are on the road to recovery now. Take care and get plenty of rest.

HI I L ,Its good to see you back home after the difficult start. Its a new way of living and thinking from all that people say so take it easy and when ready re read every thing on bypass surgery.
Keep posting and we'lle all keep learning from the replies .
Mia

HI and thanks again.
I'm feeling a bit better today but still tired, almost gave in and took pain killers but didnt feel my level of discomfit warranted it.

I got weighed today and i've lost 7lbs since going into hospital tuesday!! long may it continue...

It's true you have to keep re reading things, as I thought some tablets I had were anti sickness and googled them and they are to prevent gallstones...woops!! I'm still struggling to get everything in, it's nearly 10 pm and i need to eat to take these tablets and am soo full! never mind i'l manage somehow, think ive just got to relax about it and accept it will all come together eventually, it is still early days xx

hi debs, glad your feeling better today hun, are u still awake ? ding me on msn if u wanna chat hun ok xxx

Glad everything went so well and you're out and about already!!! Keep us posted! Sorry I can't help with your questions as I'm still pre-op!! I'm so excited for you though hun!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back