• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im in agony!!! But thought it had settled!!!!!!!!!

Hi Carole

Sorry to see that you are still getting severe pain and to top it all off the coil has gone AWOL :|

Have they booked you in for an ultrasound? this will show the coil if it has moved or gone completely but also will rule out if you are pregnant, they will also be able to check your kidneys and spleen if they need to.

Good luck with the swallow test. I really hope they get to the bottomn of it soon.

All the best Xx

yep scan booked for tuesday. luckly keith has had a vasectomy so no chance of being pregnant. Had had it fitted before things developed with him but it was 2 fold firstly for contraception but also to help with my periods as i kept flooding every other month.
i am just hoping that it has fallen out in the loo. and the pain is just adhesions.
will hopefully find out tomorrow one way or another.
thanks carole

I saw the lovely Mr Ammorie today who was his lovely charming self. He asked me to describe in detail what had been happening over the last 2 weeks and is pretty sure that despite having had my Gall bladder removed 22 yrs ago i have got a stone in my bile duct. He is arranging for an mri scan to be done and if it is he will then remove it. Failing that it could be an ulser so he is also arranging for me to go in and have a gastroscope to have a look and see if anything is going on. If it is an ulser it will be caused by one of 2 things either a bug that they will treat and iradicate or that i have a higher than normal acid production and may need to go back on onzoprosol ywice a day.
hes seeing me again in 4 weeks and expects both tests to of been done by them. In the meantime he has surgested that i take paracetomol prior to meals and see if that helps but if necessary due to pain stick with liquids.
I also mentioned about my coil having gone awol and he did examine my tummy but is sure it hasnt migrated into my abdomen. so got my scan for that on tuesday. He noticed that my tummy was slightly swollen and again thinks its imflamation due to a stone.
Pain is at a tolerable level and again he said like when i had gallstones you can have a flair up of bile duct stones that settles once the imflamation has subsided.
so that me for now.

oh dear hun you are going through the wars, i had a coil go awol too last year luckily i didnt fall preggars, i had to have a scan to find out if i had pcos and they told me then that coil had gone i was surprised as you can imagine, but i think it had come out during a particularly heavy monthly a couple of months before, i arranged for a new one to be fitted quick smart.
I hope you find out what is wrong and feel better soon.:gen126::flowers:

oh dear hun you are going through the wars, i had a coil go awol too last year luckily i didnt fall preggars, i had to have a scan to find out if i had pcos and they told me then that coil had gone i was surprised as you can imagine, but i think it had come out during a particularly heavy monthly a couple of months before, i arranged for a new one to be fitted quick smart.
I hope you find out what is wrong and feel better soon.:gen126::flowers:

one of the first questions mr ammorie asked me yesturday was if i had done a pregnancy test:eek::eek::eek:

luckly keith has had a vasectomy:D

so no fear there:sigh:

Its frightening though the amount of people who have told me that tey had a coil that had fallen out without knowing especially if it is being used purly for contraception.

keith laughed when i told him but his smile soon faded when i pointed out the reality if he hadnt had a vasectomy :p:p:p

Glad they are checking everything out Carole and that your pain has lessened. I think I have a gallstone on the move. Started getting pain whilest I was at the gp for something else this week, took my breath away. spent the rest of the day in sporadic agony then next day symptoms had gone. I have been waiting for gall bladder removal since i was first put on the wls waiting list couple of yrs ago bit surgeon doesnt do both ops at same time so at the mo they are just monitering me for the gall bladder.

its aways something eh!

Very big sigh of releif that you chose a guy with a vasectomy lol ;)

WOW Carole just got caught up on things, sorry it is turning out to be so complicated. That stinks but I am relieved that you are being checked so thoroughly. You are in great hands, I am hoping that when they find the pain cause they can treat it swiftly.

Gentle hugs and feel free to call and swear, sometimes you just need to do that!

Nic:p

Sorry to hear you're poorly and having so much pain Carole. Hope you're sorted out and feeling better soon

Hey Carole, Just clocked your weight loss- think you should change your name to Success Story! Fabulous shrinking and a great inspiration to me as a waiting-the-first-appointment girl!

just as i thought it had settled

Hopefully it won't be long now until you get a defintive diagnosis and an action plan. Sounds as if that coil needs finding and replacing too. So you'll be busy getting sorted soon.

Take care

M

Last edited by a moderator:
Today ive had a day of laughter today which started at 8 am when i picked my son up from manchester after a works night out and he was telling me about his evening. we later then picked my Ex fosterchild immy up who is severly autistic with learning difficulties and went to see my sister at the hospital. we took her and him out for lunch and it was really nice being with 3 very important people in my life. Listening to the banter between my son and sister and also seeing immys reaction to being with us he smiled like a cheshire cat through the whole meal and even at 17 kept asking for hugs.
I had a fresh orange juice but i also had prawns in garlic for a stater and pate and salad as a main course. whilst driving home i got a familiar twinge in my kidney area so took some paracetomol and it seemed to pass.

Dropped everyone off and had a few hrs at home had tea of soup and sandwich and then Went to watch keith in panto tonight with my son.It was absolutly fab and so funny. During th einterval i had a coffee but whilst sat i had an achy feeling in my back.
After the show my son was meeting some friends in town and as keith had an after show party i decided toi go for a drink with my son and meet up with keith later.
Got in the pub ordered a freshorange juice and by the time i had drunk half of it i was in agony again. so much so i had a glass of water and i dont do plain water.
Ended up coming home and taking some paracetomol but after an hr i ended up taking a tramadol that has given me some relief for 3 hrs and although the pain isnt as bad as it was its still there.
The more i think about it the more it feels like it did when i had problems with my gall bladder before having it removed. so im beginning to think he may be right about the stone in my bile duct.
As much as i dont want it to be that as its going to mean surgery if it is the sooner its out the better.
in the meantime no OJ

So sorry your lovely day & evening out ended with you in loads of pain! I hope you can get some relief. And no OJ for you miss, it isn't worth it for sure. Take care and keep topping up your paracetamol as it will work better with your other pain meds.

Hugs,
Nic:p

Carole, my doc thinks I have gallstones and I have a scan booked on 8th Feb to see if he is right. I have had 5 or 6 episodes of pain now and they sound very similar to the attack you have had tonight. It starts as back ache and then moves up to my upper back and radiates through to my chest. It gradually gets worse and eventually becomes unbearable. Pain killers dont touch it. The first time it happened I thought it was a heart attack. The pain lasts for a good 3 to 4 hours to when it comes on. The strange thing is that I don't seem to get any pain in my gallbladder area which is where some people get the pain. Mine doesnt seem to be connected to anything Ive eaten or drunk, and has even woken me up in the night a good 7 or 8 hours after Ive eaten anything.

Hope you get some answers soon, and some relief from the pain.

Sam, were you told to take Ursodeoxycholic acid (UCDA) after your bypass? It seems common practice at Charing Cross. I asked how long I would need to take them and was told until it was necessary to have my gall bladder out. Hopefully that time doesn't arrive so I will probably stay on them for life. Does anyone else take these?

I hope your pain is resolved soon Carole.

John xx

Sam, were you told to take Ursodeoxycholic acid (UCDA) after your bypass? It seems common practice at Charing Cross. I asked how long I would need to take them and was told until it was necessary to have my gall bladder out. Hopefully that time doesn't arrive so I will probably stay on them for life. Does anyone else take these?

I hope your pain is resolved soon Carole.

John xx

Ooh, thanks for this John. I'll do some research.

Carole, my doc thinks I have gallstones and I have a scan booked on 8th Feb to see if he is right. I have had 5 or 6 episodes of pain now and they sound very similar to the attack you have had tonight. It starts as back ache and then moves up to my upper back and radiates through to my chest. It gradually gets worse and eventually becomes unbearable. Pain killers dont touch it. The first time it happened I thought it was a heart attack. The pain lasts for a good 3 to 4 hours to when it comes on. The strange thing is that I don't seem to get any pain in my gallbladder area which is where some people get the pain. Mine doesnt seem to be connected to anything Ive eaten or drunk, and has even woken me up in the night a good 7 or 8 hours after Ive eaten anything.

Hope you get some answers soon, and some relief from the pain.
Ooh I remember that pain. I had mine out years ago but I do recall being told to avoid all dairy food. It made a big diffence however I was also given pethadin tabs for the pain and they made an even bigger difference;);)

Back