• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'M MRSA POSITIVE - UPDATE

Perissa

Just this minute had a call from the hospital. Due to have bypass in 18 days and I'm bloody MRSA positive.

So what with someone on here terrifying me yesterday with mortality rates now I have to contend with being MRSA positive.

I have to put some special cream UP MY NOSE three times a day and shower in hibiscrub. Then I have to be tested again in 10 days.

Having the blood sample taken was a trial in itself, as the nurse couldn't find the vein.

My whole life has just been ****, I finally think something positive is happening and I'm taking control. Its only taken 4 months from getting funding to having the op and this happens.

WHY WHY WHY does nothing nice ever happen to me. Absolutely breaking my heart.

Last edited:
dont worry hun im sure with the spray and the washy you will be fine life dishes up some **** at times but its the bad times that make the good ones special x

Awww, baba...

Please don't let this get you down - it doesn't mean your op is never going to happen. Yes, MRSA is not the nicest thing in the world, but about 1 in 3 of us carries SA on the surface of our skin, or in our nose, without developing an infection.

Hopefully the cream and Hibiscrub will work and you'll be given the ok to go ahead as scheduled... :)

I'm keeping everything crossed for you x

perissa what a bummer.but better to find out now then when you have a wond that wont heal. when you put the cream up your nose give it a good rub round and then agter 10 mins have a big sniff. you can taste it in your throat but it ensures every surface is covered. also once you have used the scrub and dried off get yr hairdryer on low and do all yr bits making sure they are al really dry then use a mum roll on deodrant non perfumed in all yr creases tops of legs under yr boobs etc to help prevent any buildup of bacteria.
like ols said its one of thoes things that we carry but hopefully with the tratment you will be clear for yr op
hc

Hi hunny............. Ill call you later....... just off to pick jordon up.... then off home, will get hubby out with son as golf lesson tonight, then call you will text you first

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

i also had to put the cream up my nose and wash in hibiscrub, its just a precaution and lessens the chance of contracting it, you will be fine make sure the nursing staff wash hands between patients then every thing should be ok.

Sorry to hear about your test results. hope the stuff they have given you works and it doesn't delay your op xx

Don't know what to do for the best now. The hospital spoke to the doctors and arranged a perscription for me. Within an hour I had it.

Reading the leaflet that came with the cream it catagorically states DO NOT PUT UP YOUR NOSE.

I am going to pop into the hospital tomorrow and show them the leaflet.

Hiya Perissa.
I hope everything goes well for you and you should be fine to go ahead with your op. My uncle was in hospital due for op when he contracted mrsa from there. He was sent home for 3 weeks and told to do the same as you he did and was fine for the op.
Chin up girlie these things do come to try us but it will be worth it in end. I know your desperate for it doing but it will happen and you will be on your way to staring a new good life for yourself.
Take care. Cheryl.x

bactroban was what i was given to use 7 days b4 my op, i still have the tube here it says "apply to the nostrils as prescribed by your doctor, take care to avoid the eyes". i did what they asked and i did not contract mrsa after this band op, with my 1st band i did get mrsa, i had the bactroban this time as a precaution and all was well this time.
good luck
liz xx

bactroban was what i was given to use 7 days b4 my op, i still have the tube here it says "apply to the nostrils as prescribed by your doctor, take care to avoid the eyes". i did what they asked and i did not contract mrsa after this band op, with my 1st band i did get mrsa, i had the bactroban this time as a precaution and all was well this time.
good luck

Liz xx

It doesn't say that on the tube I have in my hand right now!!!

Its official, the doc perscribed me the wrong stuff. Well the right stuff but in the wrong format. I now have the right stuff and it does say

"apply to the nostrils as prescribed by your doctor, take care to avoid the eyes".

Good job I queried it as I'm sure others may not have. I had to pay for it again as the chemist said they didn't supply the wrong thing.

Might sound daft but I feel so unclean. I am contaminated with flesh eating bacteria!!!

I know one thing and my hair feels like straw today. It does not like being washed in hibiscrub. God knows what its going to feel like after 10 days.

Cant believe you had to pay again!....your not unclean more people carry it then you realise they go about their business none the wiser. You will be fine and your hair will soon recover, glad you got it sorted now....xx

It's not daft to feel that way, Perissa... it's understandable :hug99:

But rest assured that 1 in 3 carry SA but never get an infection unless it enters the body via the blood or a cut etc. It's for your own safety that they are trying to clear it before your op... hang in there, baba!!! It will be ok :)

x

Back