• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help! MRSA swabs positive

Loredana

Hi all! I got my surgery planned for 16/10/18 at L&D Hospital and I just got a call from the nurse to inform me that my MRSA swabs came back positive. She explained me the protocol and she told me that my surgery could be postponed (at surgeon discretion). They expect me to use the wash and the cream provided by my GP and have three negative swabs which takes longer than 15 days. Is there anyone who had the same problem? Was the surgery postponed? I'm quite dissapointed now. Thank you x

Hi all! I got my surgery planned for 16/10/18 at L&D Hospital and I just got a call from the nurse to inform me that my MRSA swabs came back positive. She explained me the protocol and she told me that my surgery could be postponed (at surgeon discretion). They expect me to use the wash and the cream provided by my GP and have three negative swabs which takes longer than 15 days. Is there anyone who had the same problem? Was the surgery postponed? I'm quite dissapointed now. Thank you x
Aw my love be that sucks, my swabs were ok but didn’t want to read and run, all you can do is go with the flow I’m afraid, my first date was cancelled due tip-off bed shortages just 1 hour before I had to be there (I live 3.5 hours away from Luton) the hardest part for me was not being able to do anything to solve the problem (I’m a “do’er, if there is a problem I focus on finding a solution so this made it really difficult to accept) just focus on the fact that you will get your surgery, stay strong and focused xxx

Thank you for replying Bling Babe x
I've done some research but could not find anything relevant, as hospitals have different policies. I am annoyed and confused as I started my 2 weeks pre op milk diet and I don't really want to be on it for longer than 4 weeks.

Thank you for replying Bling Babe x
I've done some research but could not find anything relevant, as hospitals have different policies. I am annoyed and confused as I started my 2 weeks pre op milk diet and I don't really want to be on it for longer than 4 weeks.
Im sure ive read a dairy on here who had positive swabs and her surgery was cancelled she stayed on milk diet while they quickly re checked her msra for 3 clear test im sure it only delayed her by a week or so as soon as u get the last negitive result u will be in that day day after

Many many thanks for your reply Jackiesfatplan, I hope that'll happen to me, I mean no big delays xx.
I will keep checking posts

Hi and welcome Hun. That’s a real shame but at least you know it’s going to get the correct treatment and you will have your surgery safely. Far rather everything be right for you. I hope it gets resolved quickly for you and look forward to reading your WLS journey. Good luck with the LRD you will have the best nails ever and feel great it does have more pros then cons xx

Update!
My surgery was postponed for sometime in November. Hopefully, after de-colonisation treatment the swabs will be negative as they are considered only for 28 days.
Coming off milk diet atm, trying to carry on being good food wise.

That’s great news then hun soon be here and you will be all clear and good to go Really happy that it’s all getting sorted for you xx

Update!
My surgery was postponed for sometime in November. Hopefully, after de-colonisation treatment the swabs will be negative as they are considered only for 28 days.

That’s great news then hun soon be here and you will be all clear xx

Last edited:
Update!
That's good news all being well not too much longer to wait :) x

Oh thats great ...bet ur finding going bk to food a tricky one knowing u will be bk on milk soon then opp id be saying goodbye to a few nice dishes

Oh no! I've been through too much to mess it up now. I will stick to my regular meals, 2 a day, fruits, salads and grilled lean meat. Can't deny, I'm tempted by choc. Fingers crossed, so far so good, but who knows? Lol
Thanks guys for cheering me up xx

Hi guys! Just to let you know that I finally had my GBP yesterday, after 2 cancellations.
So pleased!

Yeah!! Welldone congratulations lots of rest and sipping for you Chick xxx

Welcome to the losers bench, take it easy and sip sip sip sip sip then sip some more xx

Hi guys! Just to let you know that I finally had my GBP yesterday, after 2 cancellations.
So pleased!
Congratulations, hope you're feeling alright xx

Back