• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im new :-)

angelellie27

hi everyone, im new to the site hoping to get support and info on what genrally happens next. ive been refured to sunderland for gastric banding and have a group session to attend on 6th july. im very excited but also very nervous. any advice tips and support would be fab ... thankyou xx

Hi and welcome aboard!

Hi Ellie and :welcome2:

I don`t know how it works in Sunderland - I`m sure someone will be on before long to guide you. I did`nt want to just cut and run!

Good luck for the meeting in July - sure it will go well for you.

You will get no end of help and support on here, as well as make new friends.

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Welcome aboard :D :welcome:.

hoose your seat. Strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.

You will have a great time here if you read read and post :)

Lots of fabulous people here who ooze oodles of inspiration :D

yay welcome!

i just had the band done...i love Russell (Band)!

Hi
I went to Sunderland for the seminar, you see a presentation, get weighed and then wait for an appointment mine was around six months
You then attend that appointment where you discuss your eating habits with a dietician who gives you a weight loss target that you need to achieve in twelve weeks and you also meet with a doctor to discuss health and any issues you may have
If you are successful you go on the waiting list for surgery, I have waited six months for my surgery, mine is on Tuesday, I go into hospital tomorrow
Hope that is helpful

xx

Welcome xx

Hi Ellie and welcome, i am also a sunderland patient, i run the support group at Srh, its patient led for both pre and post op patients, we have our next meeting next Thursday on the 28th April from 6pm in the Education Centre at the hospital, you would be more than welcome to join us and meet some of the girls thats already had their ops including myself, so if you want to attend feel free to do so x

Liz xxx

Hi i am at sunderland as well, i have had the seminar and then the dietition then went to see the consultant with a goal weight i did not meet it and he give me another chance, i am now under the goal he set me and my next appointment is the 22nd june where i will get my date for surgery which i have been told with be 6 months so that takes me to christmas. good luck and pleased to meet you

Good luck with your journey, i heartily recommend you follow Cahchings advice and do as much reading and silly question asking as you can, as this is how we get the knowledge to help us pre and post op....

Also i heartily suggest you go along to the support group and meet up with Liz, she has a wealth of personal experience i am sure she is happy to share. These groups should be made a compulsory attendance as we get so much from them....

Now as Cahching says, 'hold onto your seat and get ready for the ride of your lifetime'...... xx

Hello and welcome, I have just joined too really and finding it very useful and conferring that I know I can just come on here and know someone who has experienced similar events is always there to help!!! All I can say is.... Be prepared for the new you... Big smiles :)

im 2 wks post op had a gastric bypass sunderland hosp was great staff are lovely i had a great time and met sum lovely people u will be fine im sure x

hi all thank you so much for all your replys it has been fantastic to know there is people going through the same thing and offering suport. im so excited to learn how well people are doing and if the wls has changed your lives for the better :) thanks again and hope to keep in contact with you all xx

Back