• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im on my jollies - to the hospital!

salski

Well I posted on here a few weeks back about how I was struggling with maintaining my sugar levels now I am pregnant.
They are constantly low and when they drop each day below 3 I get bad side effects, such as fainting, shaking, sweating and blurred vision. I was under the care of my midwife team who did not listen or help me. They were really nice and all, but said there is nothing they can do - end of story....so I contacted the hospital where I had my surgery and rang them off and on over a few weeks, exlaining how much Im struggling.
I am told to stick to a low GI carb rich diet and I am constantly full and having to eat each time I have a hypo and drinking a whole bottle, if not 1 and half of lucozade! I am basically being told to break every rule of my bypass.
Friday night was very bad and my hubby had to force feed me brown toast whilst I was crying as I was too full to eat, but had to to sustain my sugar levels....ANYWAY they hospital (Salford Royal) have been FAB and they have had me in on 2 emergency appointments to hear how I am doing and come up with suggestions - this time round I had the choice...either be fed by a tube down my nose into my tummy for 24 hours a day for the next 3 months OR try some meds designed to help food stay in my intestines longer...I went ofor the latter as after 5 months off work...I have only been back for a week and cant afford any more time off!
I am being admitted on Wednesday morning at 7.30am and leaving Thur eve at 7.30pm.
Wishe me luck lol x

oooo good luck sweetpea, sounds like your having a rough time of it, good luck xx

Aw Sal i know we talked about this when we met up so i'm really glad you are getting this sorted out you couldn't go on the way you were and you don't need the stress either with being pregnant. I really hope the meds work for you and they stabilise your blood sugars. Keep us posted and Ali McAnally sends big hugs to you xx

Smiley-00521.gif

good luck hun - hope it all goes well for you and makes you feel a hell of a lot better soon xxxxx

Awwww poor you, hope everything gets sorted for you sal, good luck hun xxxx

Good luck Sal, I hope they get something sorted for you, its the last thing you need with babs on the way! Chin up hun, you will be fine :D x

Thanks for your support guys - I too hope it gets sorted as Friday night was horrific! I sometimes feel with my gallbladder, epilepsy, sugar issues I would have been better pre-bypass as they have all come on post op, but then I remember why I did this (to get pregnant) and I guess it will all be worth it in the end!
Sorry to moan, Im just feeling really low these days :)

Hi Salski.
I'm so sorry you're having all these problems. Poor you. I had shocking pregnancies, not the same problems, but I know how it feels to be feeling miserable when you should be at your most happy, and my heart goes out to you.

I hope you get sorted and back to feeling well as soon as possible.
Sending love and hugs
Charis xxx

Good luck Sal, i hope this helps resolve your issues. Such a shame your midwifery team don't have more information to be able to help you...

Still as you say you had your surgery so you could be a mummy and what a yummy mummy you are going to be :)

Here's hoping your sugars stabilise. As for your gallbladder i'm presuming you have gallstones? Don't worry about them whilst pregnant you shouldn't have an attack, your body secretes a hormone whilst pregnant that stops it :) Thank god xx

Good luck hon!

:)Don't forget to pack a bucket & spade:)

and send us a post card - lol

seriously Sal I can't wait for you to get better-
you so deserve to be enjoying life to the full

Sorry I couldn't make it on Saturday-
hope all goes well at the hospxxx

Back