• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone developed diabetes just after your op ?

jaynefrances

I mentioned in a previous thread that a blood test detected high blood sugar levels and my GP had asked me to go in for the fasting/lucozade test.
I had hoped that my thyroid levels would be off kilter and causing the blood sugars to rise as this has happened in the past
I went to my GP today and unfortunately every other test has come back normal. I explained that i couldn't drink the lucozade so they did a fasting test and an "average" test and although less accurate they will be a good indicator. My GP has asked me to be prepared for the diagnosis though as my blood sugar levels were very high.
I am gutted - i hear so much about people recovering from their diabetes post surgery and here i am developing it ???
From fear of dumping i have had no sugar post op other than the natural ones in milk and fruit, so its not like i can amend my sugar intake any further.
Has anyone else had similar experiences

I've not had this problem myself but just wanted to post to say that I hope your tests come back negative. xx

Hiya Jayne

It may be that you allready had it pre op and only now has it been detected. Im sure with the right treatment and your bypass it will go if you do have it.

Good luck x

Sounds like your body reacting to all the upheaval.Perhaps you were borderline diabetic and it will go soon.You are still early on in the great scheme of things after you surgery.

Back