• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im on the road to loosing.. 1st day of pre-op diet

donzi84

hey guys.. well im on my first day of pre-op diet today, im getting banded in 10 days and wanted to start the diet now as i dont want the worry of my liver not been shrunk enough, i have had today in my head all week and feel quite ready now to take it on!! I have opted for the slim fast as i find it good as i dont have to think of what to prepare and what can go with what etc. I am now starting to get v ery nervous about the op and seem to be having alot of sickness at the minute possibly nerves?? The one thing that is worrying me at the moment is that i have been on "diets" in the past, think i have tried and tested every one of them, but struggle to loose anything, i have religiously stook to slimming worls and after a month not lost a pound, think this has alot tio do with my pcos but i am very concerned that even after all this what if i dont loose...??
im really excited that hopefully this dec ision will change my life and i have to think positive, possibly in a few years when i have reached my target weight we may be blessed with a baby which has been 5 years long awaited for. anyhow... think i havfe bored you all enough now, so first day on pre-op diet and feeling good

phatgirl

Hi there, I am 11 days post-op gastric bypass and I have PCOS. I am looking forward to the day when I can have a normal monthly cycle and eventually conceive a child, also. Good luck to you on your journey and stick to that pre-op diet 'cause it is worth it.

Will be interesting to watch your progress, keep us informed!

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Hey Donzi,

It's getting close now, really exciting! Try not to think of this as a diet, because it isn't, like ali's signature says, it's a life changing commitment.

I had the nausea pre-op, quite badly from memory. It would get to the retching stage so I kept a bowl in the car :giggle: A few times I would be driving along and it would just hit me from nowhere. It passed as I got closer to the date, but yes I think nerves had a lot to do with it.

CCPM

Fighting on day by day
Hope it all goes Ok for you will be following your progress all the way to the loosing side.

M

Nic318

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Good luck with the pre-op diet, hang in there it will all be worth it xx

wobbles

Good luck with the pre op diet, and it's normal to be nervous and confused. I worry too that after a bypass, i'm not going to lose weight. Everything else in the past has failed, so this will too. But i'm losing the weight, and so will you. xx

Cowgirl

Licks the lid of life!
Day 1! Don't worry the next 10 days will fly. Don't be nervous, it'll be the best thing you've ever done! My Nan phoned me tonight to see how I was and she told me she was proud of me! It meant so much I could have started crying!

cazbandy

Bring on the Trumpets!
Nerves are very normal at this point in your adventure and I wish you all the happy vibes in the world. You will do great, I have PCOS too and after losing nearly 2 stone already have had my first period in months.

I don't want children but can understand how much this means to you and others.

You will do great...you are very motivated already.:D

julieann

good luck with your pre op diet, i started mine ten days ago and i found the first three days the worst but get past that and you will find it gets easier