• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st week pre op diet done

karenlouisemee

:D Well i have finished my first week pre op diet and thought i would jump on the scales in total to date i have lost 10 pounds. I know its not the weight im watching but im hoping this means my liver is shrinking nicely:D

Well Done Karen, has it been a struggle or have you coped nicely?
I wont be long until im doing the same.xx

At the beginning it was a little rough. but the hunger pangs were nothing i couldnt ignore after day 3 i think my body just gave in and thought there is no point fighting cause she isnt going to give me anything. i am so glad i took this time off work cause i have been so tired throughout and had a few little pains but other than that im good. getting excited and nervous at the same time. Im lucky though as i have some close friends that have had the same procedure and also the band so if i have any worries i just give them a tinkle.

:)Great result:)

Hi,
how you doing?
any tips?
hope your ok hun
x
june

Thats brilliant! well done xx

That's got to be the best way Karen and good luck to you now... keep resting and get well soon!

Loving hugs xxx

Good Luck Lovenlife, you will be fine......try to keep busy and drink as much as you can. Its not easy thats for sure but its the last thing standing between you and surgery :D You will do it XX

karenlouisemee said:
:D Well i have finished my first week pre op diet and thought i would jump on the scales in total to date i have lost 10 pounds. I know its not the weight im watching but im hoping this means my liver is shrinking nicely:D

I am on day 6 of preop liquids. What day is your surgery.

dottychic said:
Good Luck Lovenlife, you will be fine......try to keep busy and drink as much as you can. Its not easy thats for sure but its the last thing standing between you and surgery :D You will do it XX

Thanks for the encouragement I just finished mtg. With dietician to prepare for eating after surgery

It's all about the liver shrinkage babe! You definitely want to do your surgery laprascopically if possible. The recovery is MUCH faster.

Back