• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

starting pre op diet early

MissDiet

Come on lbs!!!
Hey all,

I've got my appointment with the WLS Group on 16th and would ideally like to start my pre op diet now.

I dont have any of their info as of yet but do know its not a milk diet. Sounds like a low fat atkins sort of diet/healthy eating with low sugar.

To be honest while im writting this im thinking I should just call them tommorrow for some advice.

However, has anyone got any idea if theres a name for this pre op diet?

Thanks,
Sam
x

Why do you want to start your pre op diet early?

You would be better off making your changes, having smaller portions and practising all the associated changes you'll need, such as chewing well and not drinking with meals before your pre op....

I'm eating like the world is coming to an end lol.

If I have a plan then I can retain some control over what I'm eating and get my liver nice and small for op :)

I have to say, I do agree with Phatmomma - starting your pre-op diet before you're told to is something I was warned against doing almost at my first appointment. Instead I've been practicing what I'll need to do after the op so it's not such a shock when suddenly I can't have all these things ;-)
I'm not a big pop drinker, so cutting down on fizzy drinks hasn't been hard, but chewing slowly has been (I've always been a fast eater). Taking my time over food has been hard but I've started to do it automatically now. Similarly, I used to always have water with my dinner but have almost stopped that now (though still working on leaving it a while after I've eaten, usually get so thirsty when I've eaten :-/)
Am trying to cut out some foods now that might cause me trouble after the op, such as bread and pasta - bread is no problem but I love pasta so much!
I've got my op around the same time as you so I'm using this next month or so to really get my head into post-op gear, as if I can do it now then I can defintiely do it afterwards :)

Thanks for your feedback, I suppose I'm just impatient and want to get to the end as soon as possible lol.

I didnt realise you werent meant too. I'll start cutting down on carbs then, chewing more and reducing fizzy pop

Thanks
X

Back