• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op diet problem!

wencho

im on day 5 of my pre op diet and i havent lost any weight!
ive stuck to it religiously aswell so i feel like crying....does this mean my liver wont be small enough or that i will be refused if ive not lost anything?
im starting to panic now as i dont see any reason why i shouldnt have lost anything :cry: :confused:

hi wencho fom what i have found out on here
the prop diet is to shrink your live a
if you lose weight that is a bonus
so you have kept to it i wouldnt worry to much . xxx

everyone else seems to have lost 4-5lbs by day 5, im on a low cal diet not the milk diet...i do hope this doesnt mean i wont get op if ive not lost :(

I only lost 3kg on my 2 week pre-op diet. The pre-op diet is to shrink your liver, the weight loss is only a bonus. You will lose your weight after the op.... trust me, I was gutted I didnt lose much on it but I have made up for that since :D

I wouldn't worry about it, if you've stuck to it then your liver will definitely have shrunk. I did the milk diet for two weeks and lost 9lb and when I went back for my op Friday I wasn't weighed at all before the op... Keep going! X

If you haven't lost anything, cut out the beige carbs, like bread, pasta and potatoes. The idea of the diet is to get rid of the glycogen stores in the liver which makes it shrink, carbs will hinder this process.
Good luck x

maybe i should have waited the full week before weighing in but i couldnt help but see how much i had lost.......wish i hadnt have bothered now lol.
theres still time for me 2 lose a few pounds i guess, just dont want it to look like ive not done it or stuck to it when i have and ive followed it as very best i can.....i havent even cheated!!!!! lol

Hey Wencho, don't fret. You've already lost 12.4kg pre-op; this is already good, so you aren't starting your pre-op diet having been used to eating 2000+ calories a day. You won't lose as much as someone who suddenly dramatically reduces their calorific intake to start the liver-shrink pre-op diet.
If you've stuck to the diet plan given by the hospital, you have no worries. It will work to shrink your liver and that is the main thing. Any weight loss is a bonus. I only lost 2lbs in 10 days pre-op diet, but my liver was 'perfect' according to my surgeon.

Not long now, good luck for the 28th.

thanks future thats very reassuring......i'd have hated 2 have come so far for them to say uve not lost so uve not made the effort :S i really have stuck to it which was the confusing part but i guess ur right its the liver that matters and since if stuck to it so far my liver should also be perfect :)
going to incorperate a bit more exercise this week and hope that helps aswell......roll on 28th eh!!! lol

And extra well done on giving up smoking along your weight loss journey. Not easy at the best of times; even harder when you can't fall back on sweets.

Wencho, shame on you! You've been on here long enough to know the pre op diet is about shrinking your liver not losing lbs. Have you been peeing for England?

You know you've stuck to it so don't worry... Can't believe you are so close to your surgery now, whoooo xxx

i wouldnt worry about the weightloss, ts more about the shrinking of the liver which the diet is set to do.. also the first week some people dont lose weight as your body is saying...hey fat stay here!! but then it gets fed up with it and you will start to shift it after week 2... chin up hun... stick to it... you doing well xx

not sure what happened yesterday but having weighed myself again this morn ive lost 2kg so def starting to come off and i feel alot better :)

i know!!!!!! glad the scales changed their minds n became my friend again haha x

Well done Hun, I dident lose anything on pre op but lost a stone in the first week after surgery and I think that's been partly from pre op u will be fine, are u havin surgery at Sunderland? X

Back