• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

9 days Post Op.., the MUST to shave, and 'THAT' post it

TMD68

Six Month Post Op
Had meant to write earlier but been in hospital for last 5 days with my little girl (nightmare) and just found time to grab a bit of me time.

Had my Band fitted in Derby on 12th June.

Apart from a delay in going down (didnt go down til 5pm) all went brilliantly, was a bit nervous but nothing a shot of some wonderful drug didnt sort out, just gutted I was sent to sleep not long after!

Woke in recovery a few hours later - seems they found a small hernia in there which they kindly repaired for me at the same time (didnt even know I had one!) - wasn't long before I realised I was 'knickerless' -- remember quite clearly only a few hours before getting myself gowned up and keeping my OWN knickers on.

Not only was I knickerless... There seemed to be something 'crinkly' going on.

As I posted before my op, was going to pop a 'post-it note' upon my 'lower' person, I guess as it was quite an interesting topic as to whether our bits would be seen (hence my question should I shave?) and if they did remove your knickers... or not?

I can confirm in DERBY... they do (thank GOD I shaved lololol)

My post it note read ".. You are not privvi to my privet.. "THEY" told me you wouldnt need to.."

Scroll back up to the post op 'crinkly feeling' -- YAY I got a reply stuck back where i'd left mine ".."THEY lied" thanks for the laugh, Theatre Staff.."

Seemed to be a topic of conversation on the ward after lololol.

So back on the ward. No pain at all. Discomfort - yes. Pain no. Paracetamol? Nope. Any pain relief since the op? None what so ever. My wounds are small and very neat and were surgically glued. Swelling subsiding and can feel the port - which is a bit freaky lol.

Have lost 1 stone since the op and back at work tomorrow.

So for me, a positive, text book banding and looking forward to my first check up in anothet 5 - 6 weeks x

Hahahahahahahahaha.....................loved it!!!

Got such a laugh from your post-it story, I read it out to my hubby and he chuckled. Thanks for that. Glad you are doing so well & hope your daughter is okay.

Nic:D

Ha Ha hehehee, I just told my son your story............... he's like
He's still traumatised by the fact they removed his pants when he had his tonsils out 2 years ago lmao. He refused to take them off before surgery and they nearly cancelled until one of the operating staff said she would wait until he was knocked out :character00264: lol. When he woke minus pants blimey the fuss he made, kids eh!

good old post it notes ! ;)

Glad everything went so smoothly for you :)

That is hilarious! I am glad the surgery went well and you are healing. I do hope your daughter is well soon as well.

chuckles that is funny i bet they will remember you for a long time to come.

i am really pleased ot hear your banding was text book and i hope all stays well with you now you are on the losing team, a great start to your weight loss

Snap!

Hi there,

You sound exactly the same as me! I went to the Nuffield at Derby on Thursday (18th June) and i had Mr Leader do my op...he also repaired my hernia at the same time (2 for the price of one!!!) and no pain releif needed at all...uncomfy? Yep, but no pain. The worst part is the trapped wind, but nothing drastic.

Brain doesn't seem to want to stop thinking about food, but other than that absolutely brill.

I managed to keep my lovely green paper (hospital provided! :) not me!!!) knickers on through out the op though....

Keep well and have fantastic weight loss from here onwards.
xxxx

Keep in touch and let me know how you get on.

Last edited:
hahaha, brilliant! glad all went well and weightloss is going so well.

Back