• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im pregnant!!!

kelly1

Hi all! Well I'm 8 months out, 9st 8lb down and found out this morning that I'm pregnant!!!! My god my surgeon is gonna go mad!! But I'm a firm believer these things are meant to happen, and I'm sure me and the baby will be just fine as long as I work hard on the right foods etc! I'm going to ring both the midwife and my team on Monday and tell them, but wanted to know if anyone had any advice? Have you gone through it? Did u manage ok? How did u make sure u ate enough? I'm at the end of my weight loss, and my BMI is only 27 so I haven't got a lot to loose anyway so thts one good thing I suppose!! Any help greatly appreciated!! Xxx

Congratualtions you just need to work with your team now and make sure you both get what you need fab news you won't be the 1st and you won't be the last well done xx

Congratulations Kelly1!!!!! I am only 3 weeks post sleeve so have no advice to give u, but just wanted to say congratulations!!!! Take care xxxx

hello - i dont post much on these forums but saw your post and wanted to reply. i had my surgery march 2008 and became pregnant jan 2010 (having lost over 12st) so was further along than you are but the surgery didnt cause me any problems with my pregnancy as far as being able to eat enough, i just ate little and often which they tell you to do when you are pregnant anyway. the main problem i had was iron levels - i was very anemic and because as a bypass patient i wouldnt absorb iron tablets i had to have regular iron infusions. so the only thing i would say to you is insist on having extra blood tests because when they finally realised i needed infusions my heamoglobin was 7.8 which is very very low. other than that i was fine and my little girl is now a stroppy 3 year old and i have just had another baby in sept! so many congratulations and enjoy being a mummy x

Thanks everyone! We're both so excited! Just want to make sure I do as much as I can to help me and the little bubba along! Xx

How exciting, congratulations. Babies are very fabulous at thriving in there. Do you take a multivitamin as you might want to swap that straightaway for a pregnancy friendly one. There's often too much Vit A in regular supplements.

Iron and ferritin will be checked early (it's done at booking in our area), it might however be something you want to get checked now by the practice nurse in case you already need it.

Hi all! Well I'm 8 months out, 9st 8lb down and found out this morning that I'm pregnant!!!! My god my surgeon is gonna go mad!! But I'm a firm believer these things are meant to happen, and I'm sure me and the baby will be just fine as long as I work hard on the right foods etc! I'm going to ring both the midwife and my team on Monday and tell them, but wanted to know if anyone had any advice? Have you gone through it? Did u manage ok? How did u make sure u ate enough? I'm at the end of my weight loss, and my BMI is only 27 so I haven't got a lot to loose anyway so thts one good thing I suppose!! Any help greatly appreciated!! Xxx

Congrats!!!! :)

Congrats... lovely news x

Back