• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do i have problems or is this normal??

HoPe*87*

Hi all,

Just a few questions to try and work out what's going on with me :( I'm now 7 weeks post op. I've lost 2 stone 8lb which I'm really pleased with. So here's my "problems" my clothes are all to big for me now and I decided to buy myself a couple of outfits that are smaller but I went to the shop and I couldn't try any clothes on. I'm not sure why I just felt like I couldn't. I think it's coz I'm scared that the smaller sizes won't fit and il be disappointed. Has any one else felt like this? Also I had a week where my weight loss stalled and a week where I even gained and since this I feel I have issues with food now. I am struggling to eat not physically but mentally! I will eat as little as possible and if I eat something high in calories I feel very guilty and almost punish myself for it. I have spoke to my family about this and I'm going to contact the dietician on Monday. Are any of theses problems normal? Has anyone else experienced this?
All advice and support appreciated xxxx

Just try to relax around food hun,not easy I know but food isnt the baddy here its your head.The losses will be steady and you WILL get in smaller sizes,trust me in 6 months you will look back at this thread and laugh!Go shopping and try on one pair of jeans then try the same ones next week!Maz x

Hi I am the same 7 weeks out last week my son got engaged and went to put on an old sized dress, my friend persuaded me to go shopping again I went for my old size but she made me take two other sizes in the changing room and guess what I had gone from a 26 to a 22 (possibly could have got into a 20) but the 22 made me feel very comfortable I couldnt believe it the compliments I got were unreal I was buzzing and I was going to ware my old stuff. Try it believe me there will be no living with you when you see what a difference it has made go and have a spend xx

Im 14 weeks out and still have bought nothing, haven't even tried on a smaller size and i dont know why i dont want to?? I suppose i still see a very large person in the mirror even though my clothes are too big.
Its definitely a head spin this journey and hard to unravel!!

Kim

Undertand your probs but to be honest I have the opposite - I can't stop buying clothes. It's costing me a fortune but loving it. Dorothy Perkins delivery just arrived must dash I have. Fashion parade to attend LOL
Try to celebrate your new self, you are all wonderful & brave to undergo this surgery & all are doing so well. X

I am totally the same. I just don't want to be let down. Clothes are one of my big triggers in terms of eating and I think I subconciously don't want to risk that trigger. I did try on some smaller clothes. But they were ones I already had at home.

I feel the same...I am coming up to 7 weeks post-op and have the same fears . Though I have clothes in my wardrobe from a 26 down to a size 20....so no real need for me to buy much....or it may be I am doing the same avoidance thing?

I am not as anxious around food as I used to be but, I am quite strict with myself when reading food labels...have now swapped minced-meat for Quorn mince, not as nice but, much healthier. I think it takes time to trust ourselves and start believing that we will succeed this time after so many failures.

Hi

The biggest problem we will all face when it comes to buying new clothes is that there's just so much variation in sizes from shop to shop and brand to brand, it bad enough for you women with them keep changing the sizes just to make you feel good about buying there clothes, a size 14 now is about the same size a size 16 from ten to twenty years ago, my wife was a size 8 when I first met her, now 25 years later she now fits into size 6 and even some of those are too loose, but if you actually measure her she is actually slightly bigger than what the she was 25 years ago. It's also not just a women's problem, 6 months ago I was wearing 50 inch waist trousers, I went out the other day and bought some new jeans and the 40 inch ones fitted like they where made for me, but I also have a pair of 44 inch trousers that fit exactly the same, how can that be they are supposed to be 4 inches different.

Don't always go by the size in the label, they are not accurat by a long way.

Paul

It's very easy to get hung up over size. It's something you're going to have to try and come to terms with as I am still the same nearly 3 years after surgery. I still think I'm big. Well, I am compared to a lot of people. But very very fitter than what I was.

Clothes sizes do differ. Some t-shirts I am XL and others I am 3XL. I hate wearing a label that says 3XL. This is to do with my fatty lumps that aren't going. My moobs mainly. Trousers and shorts I have to get bigger because of my fatty pouch, my mons pubis!

I am 6 months out from my sleeve, last time weighted it was 6 stone 4lbs, have went from a size 28 to a 18-20
Held on to all my big clothes until last weekend. Guess what the rail in my wardrobe fell down with all the clothes on it. My husband said get it sorted,your big clothes need to be either handed into the charity shop or clothes bin at supermarket. Well it happened, i had a mega clearout and feel so much better from doing it. Roll on new clothes shopping as I get lighter and lighter x x x

Hi all, thanks for all your replies and I'm pleased this thread also helped others :) I'm now a completely different person I have been shopping and bought clothes I'm now in size 14 from 22 :) I do still have a few issues with food like feeling guilty about eating etc but not as bad as b4. I think time was a great healer in my case and good support of friends and family xx

Back