• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im new and awaiting third appointment at sunderland for gastric banding, very scared

cherry

Hi everyone ive just joined this morning, tho i have been reading it for few weeks, so im awaiting my third appointment at sunderland, im under mr small and mr balupuri ive a weightloss of 4kgs to do which i should manage, does anyone know how long the wait is for the third appointment??.... ive been told the waiting list is minimal for banding and the bypass is very popular at the minute, i am debating if the band is the right thing for me as i know it has quiet a high failure rate but i am a volume eater so it should be right for me, mr balupuri thinks so and the dietician, im sooo scared of the op to any comments on this is great :).... im just itching for my third appointment now im so impaitient xx

Tracey ( eyore)

hi kelly .....sorry i am going to be a bypasser but wanted to say hi and welcome x

Hope what ever journey you choose it goes ok fgor you x

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
hi kelly im a sunderland patient as well, im unsure on the waiting times between appointments but its usually a few months, unfotunatley its a waiting game im affraid as theres so many people to get through the process, from seminar to surgery is back up to 18 months a little less for banders. our next support group is on the 29th of this month 6pm in the room where you had your seminar, you are very welcome to come along and join us for a cuppa and a natter xxx

cherry

Hi liz thanks for replying, i actually travel up from london!! haha far i know the surgeon did say to me the band list is very very minimal im dieting now and have lost 2 pound 6 to go for my op weight loss only went a week ago for second appointment... eeeek i just wanna know when my third one is.... its gonna be along three months xx

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
Hi liz thanks for replying, i actually travel up from london!!

how you with our Sunderland surgeons if your in London wouldnt it be easier going with a London nhs surgeon ?

cherry

Hey it was because i was living in cyprus and my referal was from there initially, and the surgeons who i saw there were associated with sunderlands mr small so thats how i ended up going there