• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm SICK of this!! :(

Emmaroo

Milky
In July I was told by the surgical consult that I would get an appointment within 6-8 weeks to see the surgeon.

I didn't hear anything so I rang up 8 weeks later and the woman said she'd get me an appointment for september as the surgeon is off for 2 months.

I rang back when I didn't recieve anything and was told that the secutary was off and someone there said they'd make me an appointment for the 19th of October and the appointment was in the system and would be sent out to me.

I've not recieved anything yet, so I've just rang and the secutary is back and said there is no appointment and it's full now. She then said she is going on leave and won't even be able to sort it out till she is back and I won't be able to see the surgeon until at least the 24th of Nov.

I'm crying my eyes out now, because I can just feel everything slipper further and further away from me. I just want my life back. I'm 24 and my life is on complete hold because I can't do anything.

I don't know what to do, they just keep lying to me. :( I feel like I'm being treated like absolute **** and all I'm trying to do is get my life back to I can go out and work and do lots of things and the moody cow on the phone just doesn't seem to care.

I hate north staffs :(

I am sorry. My NHS experience has been rather crap as well so I am investigating going privately. I would make a complaint to PALS so that they at least are aware of this happening to you.

Thats a good plan, I think I will do that right now actually. Hopefully I'll be able to find an email address.

Thank you both for your replies. I'm feeling better now, if they're not going to help me I'm going to damn well do it myself!!

Emma
I am pretty much going through the same things as you ... I was told I would get an appointment beginning week of October and when I telephoned the hospital they said appointment would be November 24th as they are busy and Consultants have been on holiday. I think all these Consultants must be aware that we hang on their every word, but somehow appear to ignore it. You keep that positive attitude it will all come right in the end, you'll see.

Whilst I can understand your frustration and hurt honey You should consider that from start to finish this process often takes a year.

I had my first consultation in February 2008 and was not chopped until February 2009.

I know how it feels to be kept waiting, and the rather hit and miss policy for being accepted makes it an even harder wait to take, but please do not allow this to get you too wound up.

At the end of the day the difference between waiting for the NHS and going private is around the £10,000 mark so another few weeks is well worth it to you financially.

As for putting your life on hold, well I used the time to get as ready both mentally and physically for this life changing procedure as I could, and I would advise you to do the same. Live your life as best as you can without it and when you get the op appointment that will be a bonus rather than letting it chew you up with frustration until then.

Once again this is easy for me to say I've been done I guess, but from my experience hounding already very busy people and watching for the postman every day will make you feel worse not better. Get on with living your life put it to the back of your mind and the time will fly by.

Hugs xxx

I must agree with the advice to contact the PCT - they will give you the timescale and your's does seem to be dragging on. I am pretty sure that there is a deadline for that first consult.

Lots of luck - the wait is worth it, hang on in there!

Lx

I sympathise with you, it is horrid waiting for appointment, the PCT should be able to shake them up, also you need to enquire about the waiting list guidelines, if they have breached them you may have a case to get moved up to urgent.
Hope you get your dates soon

Thats fantastic advice karlos has given you there. Complain to PALS and your PCT by all means, as it does seem more than a bit wrong, but also use this time to make sure your as fit as you can possibly be for your operation. Its the only time you will get and you can't go back and do it again.

Good luck with it all.
xxx

Whilst I can understand your frustration and hurt honey You should consider that from start to finish this process often takes a year.

I had my first consultation in February 2008 and was not chopped until February 2009.

I know how it feels to be kept waiting, and the rather hit and miss policy for being accepted makes it an even harder wait to take, but please do not allow this to get you too wound up.

At the end of the day the difference between waiting for the NHS and going private is around the £10,000 mark so another few weeks is well worth it to you financially.

As for putting your life on hold, well I used the time to get as ready both mentally and physically for this life changing procedure as I could, and I would advise you to do the same. Live your life as best as you can without it and when you get the op appointment that will be a bonus rather than letting it chew you up with frustration until then.

Once again this is easy for me to say I've been done I guess, but from my experience hounding already very busy people and watching for the postman every day will make you feel worse not better. Get on with living your life put it to the back of your mind and the time will fly by.

Hugs xxx

As always Karlos you are to the point but with such care in your wordsxx

Hiya,

I can really sympathise. I started with my initial WLS referal in June 2008. I am still awaiting a date for surgery.

I "lost" 4 months when I thought the hospital were sorting an issue with my PCT and when I finally got fed up and contacted at the PCT myself the issue was resolved in 1day!!!! I suggest that you write to your PCT, put it in writing and they'll respond. I emailed the lady who wrote my original funding letter at the PCT and she was really helpful. Keep it just to the facts with them though and explain what your situation is and they probably can help.

Alternatively PALS as has been suggested, Ive been weary of this though. I understand whats been said about not nattering people who are already busy but in my experience when I stopped chasing it NOTHING happened, and nothing happened for months. Ive now been waiting 15 months since GP referal.

Good luck
xx

Thanks to everyone who replied :)

Guess what!!! I opened my post this morning and I have the appointment that the secutary told me didn't exist!!

Seems she doesn't really know a lot about what is going on. I'm soooo happy :D I've rang up to double check and it is with mr Clayton at north staffs.

Woo!! lol

Thats great news Emma :).

Back