• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Immediate Post Op Sickness

Josiegirl

I have read that a lot of people seem to get sickness immediately post op and am wondering just how common this is?

Call me an absolute wimp but I don't mind the surgery one little bit but the thought of being sick right after stomach surgery scares me absolutely silly.

How common is it and how long does it last and can they really give you something to stop it?

if it helps, i had surgery last night and I havent been sick at all. :) xx

After my op I was reaching, nothing came out but they then gave me anti sick medication in hospital so that I was, everytime I started to feel sick they wud give me it, don't worry ya self over it they have drugs for everything these days lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Try not to worry about it, they will give you anti sickness meds but just tell them if you need more - they work really quickly.

I had a few injections after my band and wasnt sick x

Thank goodness for that. It has put my mind at rest. So I am thinking that it is not really the operation itself that causes the sickness but the anasthetic maybe. It is a relief because when I have had previous surgery I have never had the sickness apart from when I first get up to go to the toilet afterwards I feel a bit sicky for a moment or two. Come to think of it, after I had the band I didn't feel sick either. Maybe it is just an individual thing. I will deffo ask for anti-sickness medication if I feel it starting though.

Thank you all so much X :D

Good Luck for the op, Josie :) We all have our different demons ... mine is the mask, but it will all be worth it, so stiff upper lip etc ... Glad everyone has managed to put your mind at rest :) Good on ere int it, lol xxx :D

Back