• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Low Carb Food

Ali_B

I'm approaching 3 weeks post op. And begining to think of how to cope once the pain is over.

I have been looking at web site selling high protein meals. Does anyone else use these? They seem expensive but i guess i will get 2 portions out of every meal.

I'm having a problem with getting my required protien, tastes have changed since the bypass and i can't stand anything sweet or hint or a sweetner (makes me feel sick). Even milk is making me gag! Even the thought of my old favourite - skinny vanilla latte is making me sick!! Nurses says this is common after affect! gets better each day, at the start even a sweet smell would bring on a nausea feeling.

Have been looking at low carb megastore. Also gives you the sugar and fat content. Are these a good idea?
Any advice appreciated.

Tbh just buy fresh healthy food from the supermarket,its not rocket science just common sense.These companies will charge a lot for a little!
There is so much choice in protein,fish,meat,eggs,cheese,baked beans,peanut butter,soya foods,sliced meats,tofu.
Excellent standbys for me were Babybels,Laughing Cow,cod in sauce,stewed steak in a tin,tinned minced beef, tuna,salmon,mackerel mashed with low fat salad cream.Wholearth peanut butter.Homemade soups and casseroles.

Good advice there BB. Do you have to get low saugar beans and Peanut butter or is regular okay ( only had op Monday and am on liquids for four weeks so it's a long way off yet LOl !)

Back