• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Incisions help!!

HoPe*87*

Hi everyone,

I'm now 5 days post op, just wondering can I have a bath with my incisions? I know a shower is best but I'd love a nice soak!! I have wot looks like water proof dressings on so thought I could maybe have a nice bath with the dressings on then after take them of clean the incisions and put clean dressings on?? How long did everyone keep there dressings on for? I've got 5 incisions and am amazed at how well there looking :) :) xxx

Hiya
I did by laying in bath with my belly stuck out the water!!! don't get them soaked, that's for sure! X

I bathed about 5 days post op, but I went to the chemist and bought tegaderm + pad dressings and that kept them dry :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

If you were rally concerned... you could wrap your middle up in Cling film then take it off when you get out the bath, to keep your dressings and incisions dry, but maybe thats a stupid idea.. IDK I never had an op in my life

i brought waterproof dressing so i could have a bath... and then changed them afterwards and made sure i was properly dry... not everyone has a shower so a bath is the only option xx

I had glue and couldn't bath for 10 days, I did though but my belly was too fat to get wet

i was 10 days but had staples in all my 9 wounds had to wait for them to be taken out first plus with the muscle damage i couldn't get up from lying down in the bath xx

Well just thought I'd say my incisions are great there healing fantastic!! The couple of people I've dared to show have commented that they can't believe I've even had an op as there that small. I'm over the moon with it :) :) xxx

Back