• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP

slimmerkay

I removed my top dressings today as instructed then in the shower all but one of the gauze designs fell off too. No probs there the wounds all look clean and dry.

However the one gauze still on is hanging half off and I can see the wound. It looks wet and not good.

Does anyone mind if I post a pic of the wound to get some advice?

Go a head, saying that I didn't have dressings on my when I came round the wounds where there for all to see

My advice would be, dont pull any more of the dressing off if its stuck, you could trim it down and then let the air get to it and keep it as dry as possible and see how it goes over the weekend

Yes Karen I would keep that dry then get it checked out... all my gauze is still on but I can see that my wounds are all scabbed over. xx

Hi precious, I would definately keep it clean and dry, it's amazing how the air can start to heal wounds... see your doc if you need to on Monday... but you are doing brilliantly Karen. I can't get over you! xxx

I agree with everyone else. Keep it dry and see how it goes over the weekend, you may just need to cover it at night in case it catches but that depends on where it is. It doesn't look bad at all, if it's still sticky Monday a trip to the nurse won't hurt that's for sure.

Compared to mine it does look a bit mucky so as they say keep it dry and if it doesnt look any better get it checked out. xx

Hi again Karen, I have just been thinking of the Savlon Dry Antispectic Spray... but I don't know if you should use anything on it... as long as it's not going septic... did they give you spare gauze to cover before bed because of the covers pulling on it? Let us know that you are ok... loads of love as always, Bev xxx

Back