• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Indian Restaurant

clar01

I am out tomorrow for a friends birthday at an Indian Restaurant and wondered if anyone had a bad experience with Indian food? I'm 13 wks post bypass and was thinking of choosing chicken tikka masala or possibly seabass fillet, hubby will pinch bits so it doesn't look as though I have left loads! Won't be having rice, bread or anything like that.
Any advice?
Xxx

I'd stay away from the chicken tikka masala, theres lots of double cream in it. You may be better off having tandoori chicken, plain chicken tikka or a mixed Kebab starter with salad :)

Was wondering about the sauce but also worried about the meat being really dry!
Mixed kebab and salad sounds perfect! Thank you x

Last time I went I ordered a side, choley which is chick peas or Dahl which is lentils. I have 1/2 puppodoms and steal a bit of my bf's naan and dip it in his sauce. I avoid chicken when out as I can eat so little of it xx

I have lamb bhuna when I go to the Indian with popadoms and no rice. The lamb is so soft and it's a tomato based sauce rather than cream xx

Hi

The last time I went it was a chicken tikka, the starter version as my local Indian gets the chicken in the starter much softer than when it's in the main meal, then a rice portion and a dry vegitable curry. I am 8 months out now and nothing gave me any problems and surprisingly even the rice went down well.

Paul

If I go to an Indian I usually get a popadom for a starter. Then a chicken chat starter for my main or just a main without rice or chips or nan bread. Then just take the meat out and a couple spoonful of the sauce. You'll prop only be able to eat a couple of bits tho. Just eat slowly.

Mmmmm....curry....my fave. I thought I'd have major issues with curry after bypass but no - thank the curry lord.
Could you share a dish with someone? Eat your protein first, and watch out for naan bread as it's incredibly filling!

I love curry and eat any kind even the creamy ones because I can eat so little and it becomes my treat ... only have it about 3 times a month and goes down really well
Can't do the naan etc because it would just be too much and only have tablespoon of rice

See what you've done now, Clar01?? You sparked off the curry cravings big time and....it's on it's way. Yum.

Hope you enjoyed your curry!!

Well had a fab night, had half a poppadom to start, followed by duck tikka starter as my main. A friend was dirtying so she just had a starter portion as a main too so u didn't feel at all conscious! I put a few bits of meat on my hubby's plate for him to try and left a big, could only manage about 5 pieces of duck but it was delicious!

Might go for something with a sauce next time as the dryness wasn't great, but all in all a great night out with friends.

Indian takeaway might now be my treat of choice! Xxx

I most certainly did, thank you! Glad you had a great time too. Curry is most definitely my treat of choice and the leftovers feed me for a couple of meals as well. Can't be bad!

I have a chicken tikka starter as a main meal. I love a good ruby you cant beat them, just be careful of the fat /creams etc ( as ur a bypasser and dumping etc) x x Enjoy x x

Most local Indian restaurants ( and there are a LOT by me) have a low fat menu or will cook whatever we want with less fat. I've always asked for this as I don't like lots of ghee !
Indian food has got to be my favourite. Glad you enjoyed your night out/takeaways !

Back