• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RonyP

Hey Everyone,

This is my first time posting on here and so please forgive me if I have posted in the wrong area or have done this wrong in any way!!

The reason I have joined is because I have read some feeds and found some really helpful information. You guys are wonderful and a real inspiration..

So, I thought I would introduce myself and let you all know a little about me. My name is Rani and I am a 25 year old girl living in the North of London. I was working as a HR Advisor for 4 years but have left that position and am looking for a new job currently (sucks)!!

It's actually funny but up until I was 12 years old, I was constantly teased about my weight. Not because I was fat but the complete opposite. I was teased because I was too skinny. I then got to the age of 12 and started putting on weight - a lot of weight. And I know that it's easy to say but I did look to food as a comfort. I had a lot of problems going on in my life.

Anyway, to cut a long story short. I put on so much weight and ballooned to a size 20 weighing 106.5 kgs.

I decided this year that I was going to do something about it. I spoke to my GP who suggested the gastric band surgery under NHS. Once I had done my research I realised I wanted the surgery ASAP and didn't want to wait a day longer. My parents (love them to bits) paid 6 grand for me to be banded.

I had my surgery with surgicare which is a sister company to THG with Mr Super. I had an overall good experience. I was banded on 04/04/2012 at 9:30pm. It's not day 6 and I am feeling ok. I still have some discomfort in my shoulder due to the wind pain, my stomach area feels delicate but not too bad. I am starting to get hungry now though!! I have lost 6.5kgs and now weight 100kgs but that's because I've been on liquids for a week. I'm sure I'll put it all back on.

My booklet from surgicare said that I only need to do the fluid diet for 1 week. So, from tomorrow I'm going onto mushy foods. I cannot wait.!!

I received a letter from Surgicare this morning informing me that my first band fill is on 17th May.

Now, I had a few questions to ask you experts....

1) If I eat a little badly up until my 1st band, will my band slip. It's not that I am intending too but I don't understand. My band is empty now so it shouldn't make a difference right??

2) It's my best best best friends birthday on Saturday and she has arranged a night out to Sushi restaurant. Am I allowed to have Sushi before my first band fill?

3) Am I allowed to have chicken breast before my first band fill?

Please help everyone...

Thanks for reading, hope I didn't bore you all to death!!:8855:

Hi and welcome. None of us can really answer these questions for you, you really need the advice from your provider.

Each provider will have their own post op eating advice which you must adhere to.

Having said that, question 1 - you know have a band around your stomach restricting what the top half can hold. So yes it should make a difference.

Good luck xx

Thanks Mazza..!! I will call my provider.
You have done so well, congrats on your amazing weight loss. If I can do half as well as you have, I'd be a happy girl..!!

xx

Back