• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

infected incission.

went back to my doctors today the nurse redressed my wound and i have to go back on wed for her to redress it again, i have been advised not to get the area wet and not to lift anything even the hover to just take things easy. xxxx

glad you are getting sorted

went back to my doctors today the nurse redressed my wound and i have to go back on wed for her to redress it again, i have been advised not to get the area wet and not to lift anything even the hover to just take things easy. xxxx

Well if thats what they said make good use of the excuse lol!

Really though, I am glad you've got them keeping an eye on it , now go, put your feet up and watch a slushy movie on telly or something :):)

Take care x

Glad it's under care and control now Lynda. Hope it starts to heal for you soon xxx

oh thanks all your kind word have helped alot,my wound is healing nicely now thank goodness. xxx

So glad you are healing well :D xxx

Great news Lynda, how you doing??? xx

hi fizz i am not doing to bad now thanks i have been joting things in my diary each day, hope you are feeling better now and feel like eating and drinking now. xxxx

Oooooh just seen this thread, Lynda :sigh: glad things have settled down now, darlin :) must have been horrible for you, as if you don't have enough to cope with :sigh: .... take care, my lovely xxx :)

thanks twinkle, great weight loss by the way it doesnt seem like yeaterday you were posting saying you have an op date. loving the bike i am hopeing to get one very soon as my son says he will come with me and we have loads of lovely bike treks in wirral. xxxx

thanks twinkle, great weight loss by the way it doesnt seem like yeaterday you were posting saying you have an op date. loving the bike i am hopeing to get one very soon as my son says he will come with me and we have loads of lovely bike treks in wirral. xxxx

Thanks Lynda, sweetie :) Time does fly, certainly it does seem like yesterday I got my call from the hospital :D:D
I am not really loving the bike myself yet :wave_cry: may need to get the saddle surgically removed from me bum :eek: :wave_cry::wave_cry: my bum does not have the padding it used to & bone on a hard saddle is not fun :cry: considering sewing a rubber ring on to my trousers, lol ... but I will keep on with it until either I get callouses on my nether region or the saddle gets softer ... whichever comes first ... my family think it's hysterical but I will show them, lol :) :) It will be good for your son to come with you to keep you going ... lovely boy :D Good luck, sunshine xxx :)

Hey Lynda xx Only just seen this thread xx
I had an infection on my left main incision too xx
I rang Murrayfield and had to go in. Once there they opened the wound and then redressed it!! boy did that hurt!
It took til I was 11 weeks post op for it to heal and had to go and have it dressed twice a week. Still getting some pain in that area - when went for my 3 month post op check last week was told this was due to internal stitches not yet being healed!!
Apparently it can take up to 6 months for these to heal, didnt realise that x
Am glad yours is all better hun xx
Take Care xx

Back