• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

info small amounts to pouch

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hiya

Im on puree now, things seem to go down okay, but hardly alot i can manage, had corned beef hash tonight, hardly any mash mostly corned beef but only managed 2 tea spoons, and same yesterday with cottage pie - which is good but for info as time goes on does my lovely pouch get used to it and can tolerate a tiny bit more, am happy as i am but see some of you can eat quite abit, is that with time????? Thanks:D

Wow bex, I can tolerate much more than two tea spoons of meat.

Are you drinking close to your meal times?

It maybe I'm not eating much else during the and your eating more at other times..

It will stretch bex, you will be good!

Wow bex ill sound like a greedy woman now, i can eat atleast 6 tablespoons of food when i started my puree stage! I can even eat a whole oats so simple, but reduced it to half as i began to get too full and keep burping.....lol. I'm now eating atleast 2 ounces to 3 at each meal.....Plus i dont drink in between meals i wait half hour before and after. This is trial and error at the moment! I can easily finish a meal in 20 mins and thats because i have too, or i could just eat it in 5! how long does it take u?

during my research i found that when you are first bypassed your pouch is about the size of an egg cup, then after about a year it is about the size of a tea cup. Hope this helps :) xxx

Hi i was finishing things in around 5 mins, but now take my time, am not eating till i feel uncomfortable just okay, first time i started puree i ate and felt like if i bend down it would come out, just dont want to push it, am not eating alot in between meals, today had some egg custard kids jar and had half, do u think thats okay. What foods are you both having as we all at the same stage x

Oh i understand, i'm doing the same now, eating until satisfied!!! I been having home made sugar free jelly( 3 tablespoons). Muller light yogurts, yazoos, fruit in sugar free juice pureed !peach is lovely, tonight i made cod in tomato and basil sauce with potato and broccoli mash.

the cod sounds nice did you mash it or puree it hun x

wow makes me feel a full fatty again lol - its horses for courses - I can manage my tea plate portions no problem and as a main meal that includes meat veg and potatoe about a tablespoon of each no bother and its yummy in my pouchy too

:)Hi Bexs,
I remember being about 3/4 weeks post-op...
eating a couple of slices lean corned beef & despite chewing well experiencing "rabid dog" syndrome Big time!

Maybe stick to low fat cheese for your protein!

PS You are doing FAB Bexsxxxxxxxxx

Thanks hunnie, suppose it will take time x

Hi Bexs oooh I fancy the sound of corned beef so I think I may try that tomorrow.

my fave sloppy so far is mashed potatoe x 2 tablespoons and 2 tablespoons of spaghetti hoops with a sprinkling of low fat cheese. Ate the lot it was lovely.

thanks hun will try the spaghetti hoops and cheese sound yum x

Vomiting again! :-(. Bad day again folks. Yesterday everything calmed down but today bad again. Had tuna mayo for brekkie, stayed down. Had a cracker 3 hours later, stayed down. About 4 hours later had some mash pot and some mash broccoli (4 tea spoon total). 10 mins later vomited it up. Since then cant hold anything down, not even water. Gave it a while and tried custard, came up. Tried a cracker, came up. And now retching every 20 minutes. Really worried as only had 50o ml fluid for the day. And as said trying to sip some water but as soon as soon as I sip it, it comes straight back. Going to see how I am during day tomorrow, will have to head to manor in case doesn't calm down. As cant risk dehydration. Really wish this would settle now. Fearing that pouch made to be stretched (however last time I was like this 2 weeks a go and went to manor my scan showed up ok and my bloods too) so fingers crossed no stretch needed. Want to join a gym tomorrow and need this to settle. Will go on fluids only tomorrow and Tuesday in hope it's stays down. Despite this though am feeling well and positive. Would be nice just to have a day vomit free and always panic when even water won't stay down..
5 weeks post op and on purée. Just can't seem to tolerate much and what I do tolerate is usually nor more than 3 or 4 tea spoons

Hi Bex I've moved onto solids today (god how old am I!....I sound 2 not 52!) I had a small shapers wrap from boots I managed to eat it all but then regretted it for about 30 minutes afterwards. I've found that some foods go down quite easily but others like scrambled egg or omelette just seem to fill me up very quickly so for now I'm avoiding them

Hi Brian good to hear off you, are you keeping okay, did you only manage tiny amounts to start, i get like a coming back feeling if had too much in my chest. Bet was nice to eat the wrap but prob so filling for you x

Back