• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op week one food diary Puree

South Beach

I am keeping track of my food per day and time taken. Out of interest and to help me plan ahead. I am following Sunderland Royal Hospital's plan.

Day 4 Post op Saturday 25.5.13

5am Meds Lansoprazole, paracetomol, hrt and hayfever all taken with bottled water. ( I had taken all up to bed with me) I sipped water until 5.50am

6.20 1/4 wheatabix with 125ml of warm milk I did not eat all. I had about 2.5 teaspoons. It took just under 15 mins to eat. Meds taken with breakfast Urso acid , a-z vitamin, docusate.

7 am - 9am I had a herbal lemon and ginger tea 1/2 a cup. which is about 75ml I also supped the rest of my water bottle so thats 300ml down :)

9.30 am mid morning protein snack - today was fromage frais. tiny pot two teaspoons.

10.15am -11.30am continued with fluids I had another herbal tea 1/2 cup and sipped water stopping before full.

12.30-12.45 lunch. one soup spoon of puree game soup and one aunt bessie mash ate 2 teaspoons of it. also had paracetomol.

1.15 started my fluids again. Kept sipping until 2pm.

2.30 -2.45pm protein snack fromage frais

3.15-4.30 drank more fluids (sipped water)

5.15-5.30 tried to puree cottage pie. The mince would not puree so hubby had his with veg and I froze rest. I had mash and game soup plus puree green beans ate 3 teaspoons of food. I also took the 2 urso acid tabs with dinner.

5.45-7pm fluids had 3/4 herbal tea followed by sips of water

7.30 I have prepared puree tinned peaches drained of juice and a tablespoon of greek fage 0%fat yogurt.

8.15pm continue to drink fluids until reached target.

I have had no problems so far but taking it gentle, apart from if I drink water too quickly I need hubby to rub my back. Like burping a baby. :)

So tomorrow is another day. Energy levels are ok. Husband goes back to work tuesday so going to try and get into a routine before he does. I have manage to read in the garden and gentle pottering around.

pauladerm

You seems to be doing great. Keep up and you will attain our goal pretty soon. Still to have my surgery but can't help to read inspirational comments like yours.

South Beach

First Week Home Puree Diet after Gastric bypass at Sunderland Royal Hospital- Due to me being Technically challenged I am typing up my diary rather than scanning it!

26/5/13 weight 132.1kg

5.15 first meds including one you have to take hour before breakfast. Sipped water until 6am.

6.20-6.35 Breakfast including chewable multi vit, urso acid and painkillers, with 1/4 wheatabix and 100ml of milk less than booklet but as only eating 3 teaspoons was sick of throwing milk away. I just made less.

7-9am drank weak tea (not as milky as before op) and water just sips. Using a teapot now so I get a full cup of tea in over the time slowly teapot stays warm with cozy, nana would be proud of me !
9.30 Protein snack Muller LF greek lemon yog 1/2 pot
10-11.30 fluids tea and water and kept busy trying out baking receips with swapping ingredients for allowed ones in the future. Hubby is trying banana flapjack type things later on.
12.05-12.25 Lunch 1oz tuna and philly YUMMY! looks ick but tasted great. ate 3 teaspoons. took painkillers (for legs not tum)

12.55-2pm fluids (all sugar free)
2.30 afternoon snack one tbsp. puree peaches with greek fage yogurt (two teaspoon)
3.10-4.30 Fluids
5.00-5.30 dinner mash with puree game soup had 3 teaspoons and was comfortable taken second dose of urso meds and painkillers
6-7pm fluids tea with little milk
7.30 super fromage frais
8.10 til bed sipped water. had about 1.5ltr today so still not up to the full 2 ltr

Overall a good day. Found the alarms my hubby set on the mobile works to remind me to take meds. Plus carrying the water bottle around with me seems to help to keep sipping.

South Beach

27/5/13 131.1kg
5am morning meds and sipped water until 5.50am (give hubby a nudge to get up and walk dogs before work! )
I make his packed lunch and the breakfast .
6.25 Breakfast (his looked a lot better than mine.. Tried not to homer simpson drool across table) Chocolate diet protein shake. I used his one we had in the cupboard. I don't like chocolate shakes generally this was not tasty. but the protein was worth choking down as it is low carb and sugar. he loves it says it tastes like chocolate digestive. He got porridge for breakie. I would of traded but oats so simple golden syrup label said way to much sugar for me to try it at this early stage. I don't fancy going boom!

7.10 amd I drank my fluids until 9.30 am I found stopping drinking fluids half an hour before any meal or snack seems aid the meal going down with out too much wind.
10-10.10am had puree peaches (tablespoon) with fage greek yogurt. still only eating 3 teaspoons. (cat was happy)

10.4-2.50 drank fluids

Today went a bit wrong. I felt well enough for a trip out and hubby was going back to work next day so we went out to Dobbys Garden centre. Came home with one bundle of fluff rabbit and a car full of hutch, toys, food, and my scooter! All in a yaris.
3.20 a very late lunch which was too late really next time will take a fromage frais with me for a snack. live and learn. x Lunch was home made fish in parsley sauce. I make all from scratch parsley was home grown too. I puree mine then made the crispy topping for hubby. served with mash and puree green beans for me. Have to say best meal I have had yet in puree.

3.45 Cup of tea then sipped water until 6pm
6.30 fromage frais
7.15 sipped water until 7.30
8pm had greek lf yogurt muller one. ate bit more of half. shouldn't of. x

sipped water from 8.45-9.30pm

South Beach

28/5/2013 130.5kg First day home alone since coming home from hospital

5.am meds lonzo, hayfever, hrt, sipped water until 5.50am
6.20 Breakfast multi vit urso acid, pain killers 1/3 wheatabix and milk (it did not break at the 1/4 and fell in the milk) ate 5 teaspoons.
7.20-9.30 sipped tea and water
10am mid morning snack of fage greek yogurt and puree peaches.
10.45-11.30 sipped water
12-12.15 lunch petite filous not sure of spelling but fromage frais tiny pots had one pot.
12.45-5.30 sipped water and had cup of tea
6.-6.15 dinner fish in parsley sauce, mash and beans all puree left from yesterday. urso tablet and pain killers
6.45-7pm sipped tea and water
7.30 super had glass 100ml of unsweetened orange juice
8.10 until bed around 9 drank water and took bottle of water up with me for night and mornings meds.
Another day with out incident did some light housework. washing up and laundry, Ironing pile is getting a bit taller! x

South Beach

29.5.13 weight 129.7kg
5.30am meds lonzo, hrt, hayfever, bit late as overslept
sipped water until 6am
6.35 Breakfast fresh puree strawberries in a strawberrie protein shake with cup of milk and 2 icecubes blended. drank 100ml of it . multi vits, urso acid tab, painkillers
7.15-9am drank fluids incl tea, and sipped water rest of time
9.30 Snack - baby fromage frais
10.10-12.00 sipped water ( I use a 330ml bottle and keep refilling it so I keep track of my water intake)
12.30 Lunch Veg soup with oz of puree ham. (still looks awful but closed eyes and tastes ok.)
1.15-2.00 sipped water while doing light housework
2.30 afternoon snack fromage frais
3.15-4.30 sipped fluids
5.-5.20 dinner of mash and game soup
5.45-7 sipped water
8.00 snack 100ml fresh orange juice
8.40 -9.30 sipped water

Thanks so much for posting your journal on eating I am going to have the bypass done soon and it is great to see what you can eat gives me ideas as to what to expect so thank you!!

South Beach

Thanks so much for posting your journal on eating I am going to have the bypass done soon and it is great to see what you can eat gives me ideas as to what to expect so thank you!!

You are most welcome. Good luck with your bypass journey. x x x
Kat x