• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Initial group meeting...

sylviebea

Hello everyone! Sorry if this has already been asked loads of times, but I'm wondering what the process is when you're refered to SRH.
I went to see my doctor, tried Orlistat, went to see a dietician and jumped through all of the other hoops then he refered me to the hospital.
I'm going along tonight for a 'group appointment' but I'm wondering - am I now on the waiting list for surgery or is it going to take forever? What happens after the group appointment?
I know I'll probably find out tonight but I'm itching for more information and I'd love to know in advance!

Thanks ever so much for reading.
Lots of love
Fay

Hello there

I think with SRH once you get invited to the seminar you have funding and getting wot ever op you have opted for . Good Luck, Hopefully someone will come along who is under SRH but as I said I am sure I read that somewhere before. xxx

hi

they tell you about the surgery tonight and you might get to meet a surgeon and past patient. they also weight you.

then you get an appointment to see dietician this will be about 4 to 6 months after tonight. you will be given a weight loss target to meet for your appointment with the surgeon which will be 6 months after the dietician. if you meet your target then you should get put on the 6month waiting list. thats basically it! in between you might have to have a endoscopy or other tests depending upon what surgery you want.

xxx

re trhe funding im not 100% sure i only know what i have been told which is different to others.... my gp said they have speicla funds they could use if PCT didnt fund, but then dietician told me if i was invited to seminar then the funding had been agreed so... x hope that helps! theres athread for SRH and where people are in their journey xx

I'm under that impression too - that Sunderland fund you if you've been invited to seminar. Mr Small told the group I was in last year that no matter what happens/how long it takes we will get the op as funding has been agreed (or we wouldn't be there!)

Back