• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So much for 1 year from Group Meeting!!!

Lesley110

I am really really miffed, I went to a group meeting at Sunderland in April this year, was told that it should be one year from the group session to the operation. Meanwhile go away and try and loose some weight, this I did, I had my next appointment just before the August Bank Holiday, I had lost 10.9kgs. Very pleased with me and my results, agreed that I should go for bypass, brilliant, I had to maintain or try and loose some more weight. Now I will get to the crunch, just walked in the door, blue envelope from the hospital, great next appointment that will be Novemember/December. Nope 15th of MARCH 2010!!!!!!!! I may as well bloody give in and go back to enjoying myself, how the hell are they to expect me to keep the weight off until then jesus that is 7 months. My husband just piped up that I will be 7 stone by then (fat chance). I am supposed to be going to acquafit tonight but I really want to get totally pissed instead.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am really really miffed, I went to a group meeting at Sunderland in April this year, was told that it should be one year from the group session to the operation. Meanwhile go away and try and loose some weight, this I did, I had my next appointment just before the August Bank Holiday, I had lost 10.9kgs. Very pleased with me and my results, agreed that I should go for bypass, brilliant, I had to maintain or try and loose some more weight. Now I will get to the crunch, just walked in the door, blue envelope from the hospital, great next appointment that will be Novemember/December. Nope 15th of MARCH 2010!!!!!!!! I may as well bloody give in and go back to enjoying myself, how the hell are they to expect me to keep the weight off until then jesus that is 7 months. My husband just piped up that I will be 7 stone by then (fat chance). I am supposed to be going to acquafit tonight but I really want to get totally pissed instead.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

lesley this will be correct with the dates hun, you may well get a date then for your pre op assesment and an op date and it will work out approx 1 year from the seminar, dont feel down hearted as it sounds correct, the year stated is approx give or take a month or 2.
keep ya chin up hun, will speak to ya soon enjoy the booze have any lol, we are having a meet up 26th so will see you then if you can make it.

liz xxx

hi hun i really dont know what to say,please dont give up keep going,you could try giving mr smalls sec a ring and whats going on but i have to agree with the timeing sounds about right x x x hope to see you on the 26th x x x x

Hopefully as Liz says you will then have pre op and surgery within a couple of months after your next appt. I am still waiting for my second appt to come through after being at group meeting in June!
PS totally off topic just to let you know I have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis....oh joy!!!

Well thank you everyone, instead of getting pissed or driving to the supermarket for a very large bar of chocolate, I went to Aquafit. I am now very knackered but mellowed and the glass of malt whiskey I am now consuming is chilling me nicely.

Its very disappointing I know but I waited 1 year before getting a date to have gastric balloon fitted. However, I physically could not have it done (couldn't swallow the tube down) so I now left not knowing what's going to happen or whether I'll ever get any surgery.

Consultants are away for two weeks so its pointless trying to contact them.

Try to stay positive! Time will fly over. Take care & good luck.

Thanks to everyone, I have been totally off the wagon this week, received a letter today (again a Friday night) wanting me to go in for a procedure that I haven't a clue what for. Nothing has been discussed, I haven't received any correspondence hinting at it being needed. Will have to phone the hospital on Monday. Will just get hammered instead, if needs be I am confident that I can loose any weight I have put on before the appointment, so not too worried.

Thanks to everyone, I have been totally off the wagon this week, received a letter today (again a Friday night) wanting me to go in for a procedure that I haven't a clue what for. Nothing has been discussed, I haven't received any correspondence hinting at it being needed. Will have to phone the hospital on Monday. Will just get hammered instead, if needs be I am confident that I can loose any weight I have put on before the appointment, so not too worried.

hey leslie what exactly does this leter say? as it sounds like it could be your op date :D

What is the procedure you are being asked in for? We might be able to give you some idea about what it is for. (If you are anything like me you will be climbing the walls if you can't find out any information before Monday ;))

Good luck.

TillyBob

Well I thought I would update everyone that hasn't seen the news elsewhere, the proceedure was an endoscopy which it appears is standard proceedure for patients having the Bypass, which was not mentioned at the group session nor at my first one to one. But at least I know now and Liz is going to mention this ommission at the next Support Group meeting. I have had the proceedure (last Tueaday) I was dreading it, but it was nothing really, elected to get knocked out, and I was zonked, gagged a couple of times but nothing major. But the most important news is that I have been put on the waiting list for my op, yipee which will mean that I should have it all done and dusted in 11 months from the Group Session. So I am so happy it is untrue, I am on my way again.

I had really hit rock bottom when I got the appointment for March next year, that would have meant that I would have been having the operation July/August next year. I couldn't have coped with that, I would have been the size of a mansion instead of just a house by then!

I am starting the Aquafit again and looking into pilates, although I have never tried it before so should be a laugh if nothing else.

Thanks to everyone for their support, as everyone knows it is priceless.

Back