• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First meeting at Charing Cross Hospital

Just got home from the group meeting at Charing Cross.

Very informative! It was really good to get a chance to hear from people who have had both the band and the bypass.

I'm not sure when I will get my next appointment, but I'm going to be doing a LOT of reading up before then.

Having got more information, I am slightly inclined towards the idea of bypass surgery, but will definitely have to see what they offer me first.

Bit of an anti-climax in some ways as I don't feel any further forward. I suppose I'll have to get used to the fact that this is going to be a long old process - as they say, every journey begins with the first step x

Glad you found the meeting informative and that it is helping you decide what you want to have done, and dont fret too much about time spans they go round very quickly and in the meantime you have the time to get your head round the idea of surgery and the implications. Nothing like being mentally prepared. Good luck

Jay xx

Thanks ZNS and Fairyring. Hopefully the time won't drag too much and I will be prepared mentally when I get my next appointment.

I've ordered a slew of books from Amazon and will try to get myself armed with as much info as possible. x

I can understand how u r feeling, i had my group info meeting on the 6 th July at the Whitt and my next app in on the 28th Sept.
One good piece of advice i can def tell ya is that, when u see the consultant make sure u have a list of all the questions you want to ask, also list any meds u take and the amounts and if you are under any other consultants for health probs then take any info with you as all the added info you have on any obeisty related health probs can make ur case for surgery stronger.
Take care luv Roch xx

It is rather an anti climax isnt it! My 2nd appointment is in october, hope you get your 2nd appointment date soon.

Glad you found the meeting informative and that it is helping you decide what you want to have done, and dont fret too much about time spans they go round very quickly and in the meantime you have the time to get your head round the idea of surgery and the implications. Nothing like being mentally prepared. Good luck

Jay xx

I can understand how u r feeling, i had my group info meeting on the 6 th July at the Whitt and my next app in on the 28th Sept.
One good piece of advice i can def tell ya is that, when u see the consultant make sure u have a list of all the questions you want to ask, also list any meds u take and the amounts and if you are under any other consultants for health probs then take any info with you as all the added info you have on any obeisty related health probs can make ur case for surgery stronger.
Take care luv Roch xx
I have to take a ton of medication for high blood pressure and severe asthma (not to mention painkillers for bad back and joint pains etc). I've got it all typed up on my laptop and always take a copy with me when I go to hospital appointments.

I'm also going to keep a note of any questions I can think of between now and my next appointment and go armed with those too.

Thanks for the tips x

Oh ... I'm not quite sure how I got all those quotes into one message! Not quite got the hang of this yet! x

Back