• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

insensitive gp's...Grrrr

Thanks Liz, I don't think i'm going to be able to make this one, i've had a bad couple of days(see other thread or i'l explain when i speak to you!) and not feeling too good at the moment. Maybe next time, will you let me know about the one at the hospital too, cos i might see if i can make that one..xxx

I too would be p*ssed but the gp's are so straight not wanting to get into any trouble they don't see it like we do. Speak to them when you go in about your meds and see what they say to your face. Sometimes the receptionist are so far up their own ar*s they can't be sympathetic as to ask in the right manner(if you know what i mean). Good luckxx

My surgeon told me that after my op my sicknote would say abdominal surgery - he said that my surgery was no one's business, but mine. He told me to just be sure that if it was one of the junior doctors writing the note, to tell them.
I haven't told anyone at work, either, and don't intend to.
With regards to the receptionist that knows people that you know, I'd be inclined to mention the mutual friends and make her fully aware that they don't know. If she breaches patient confidentiality, she could lose her job. xx

Back