• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been to GP's

helen144

hello all

The process has begun and im very very happy, elated in fact, I have just come back from seeing my GP and have asked him to apply for funding for weight loss surgery, I went armed with 3 page letter which i will write on here for you too see, you never know it might help other people.
He was so positive amazing in fact he just said yes your BMI is 44.9 you have tried all known methods of dieting, i thinks its beneficial, he said orlistat is rubbish, and the other appetite depressent he uses has been withdrawn off the market.
He sadi he will write today or next wednesday on his admin days, he also said he has had 3 applications previously all of which were successful, he thinks that the consultant they use is Mr Ammori and that the PCT have meetings fortnightly to discuss funding, he says he thinks im making a wise decision.

HOW FANTASTIC IS MY GP, I LOVE HIM LOL.

So day 1 of the process begins, im going to put my ticker on now he he and you never know maybe 2009 is the year for me at last (fingers crossed)

Helen
xxxxxx:):):):):):):):)

Great news Helen, I hope the whole process goes as smoothly for you :)

That's great news chick, well done, the first step is always the hardest but its done now and you can go celebrate lol....look forward to following your progress and I agree your letter may help someone else in the future....xx

hey helen thats fantastic news, congratulations, its great when you have a sympathetic gp, as it helps the process go more smoothly.

liz x

Great news Helen hope all goes well but keep on top of that referral to ensure it gets done in good time.

M

Lucky you, GP with prior referral experience, that is fantastic. You should be chuffed. You are now officially on your way!

Enjoy the moment and here is to hoping everything goes this smooth for you.:D

great news!! hope it all goes smoothly for u hun xxx

Helen that rocks, i am really happy for you :D:D:D
I think 2009 is going to be a great year for me too, hopefully we will both be on the loosing side soon! hehehe!!
I am going to have Mr.Ammori as my surgon, everyone talks very highly of him on here- so you are very lucky to get him on the NHS. I am going privatly to have my op done as i just can not wait 2 years to have it done via the NHS- and even then the funding would of had to have been approved. Anyway i have only got one week to go now!!
Good luck ;) :)
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Hurrah, fantastic news!!!
Bet you're all excited now.
Would love to see your letter when you get the chance, I'm still in the process of writing mine, it's taking so long!!!
xx

Hi Helen, well done. I have been at work thinking about you! I am so pleased for you. I wish I had asked earlier. Good for you.

Back