• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

intestines after bypass

It is removed and incinerated just the stomach remains.

Lx

Nope, sorry Lizzie ;) It stays inside and remains attached to the larger section of stomach, so that the gastric juices can still drain out into the intestines. This is what forms the 'Y', the arms are the two branches of intestines going to each section of stomach.

Agree with shellbel I think it's all still there.
I would be quite shocked to find out that it had been removed and incinerated:eek:
Great question though!

Nope, sorry Lizzie ;) It stays inside and remains attached to the larger section of stomach, so that the gastric juices can still drain out into the intestines. This is what forms the 'Y', the arms are the two branches of intestines going to each section of stomach.

No need for a sorry! I have watched a video of a bypass and they removed the metre and disposed of it as that length was not required for the drainage, but perhaps things are different here, that was a U.S. op.

Lx

think they bin bits when you have a sleeve - bypass bits all stay where they are so in theory its reversable though why anyone would want to go back is beyond me!

think they bin bits when you have a sleeve - bypass bits all stay where they are so in theory its reversable though why anyone would want to go back is beyond me!

I hear that, Caroline! I did a little weep-with-gratitude on my surgeon last night, this has been the most wonderful procedure - even if my hair is a little thinner but then so am I!!!

Lx

Back