• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Introducing Bright Angel

BrightAngel

For the past 4 years I have been working to maintain a large weight-loss.
My signature contains a graphic that shows my Weight Maintenance Plan.

17 years ago I was at my all-time high of 271 lbs when I had open RNY gastric bypass surgery, with no shortening of the intestines which means that all of my food intake continues to be digested...and every calorie counts. Within a year of that surgery, I lost down to 160 lbs, and maintained in the 160s for several years, but then the weight began creeping up and up. When I weighed in the 190 lb range, I realized that if I continued to eat as much as my body allowed, I would return to my high weight again and perhaps beyound. This is when I began to seriously diet again.

I found a computer software journeling program in which I began logging all my food intake every day. This program also gave me the calorie counts of the food. Over about a 16 month period of averaging about 1250 calories a day, I lost an average of about 1 lb per week to reach my ultimate goal of 115 lbs. Since that time I've been working to maintain in an area around my goal weight.

Hello Angel! Welcome to this corner of the forum and thank you for sharing your story so far. I understand a bit where your coming from as I have to calorie count as well in order to make sure I lose with my band. It's hard going but heres hoping we both crack it in the end !
Lots of love and luck from me x

A warm welcome to you BrightAngel:)

Sounds like you have been through a lot to get the weight off. Congratulations on getting down to your goal weight.

:)Welcome to minis BrightAngel:)

Gosh you were bypassed 17 years ago!That's really interesting-thanks for telling us how you're maintaining your loss-would love to know more about your journey-

going to study your signature now

Hi Rybens been trying to find you thanks for the friends request hope you got it back ok. I see your having ur op one day before mine, where u getting it done mate?

Sharon

Hi Bright Angel and welcome to minimins nice to have you::) Wow you have certainly been through a journey and a half well done with what you have achieved so far, would love to know more about the journey.

Sharon:eek:

Back