• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thought i was ready...now not so much!!

proudmamaoftwo

Hi guys, I'm Lindsey. I'm 27 year old wife, mom of two boys (2 year old and 1 year old) homemaker and weight loss surgery candidate. I'm 5'4 and 255 lbs. My heaviest was during my second pregnancy at 277. While not pregnant i usually stay within 250-260 range. I began to look into surgery before I had my first ds. People discouraged my idea of surgery and I moved on. I began to explore the idea about a year ago after the birth of my second ds when I wasn't able to lose as much weight as I did with previous pregnancy and be able to keep it off. Started this journey in April, my insurance had requirements to approve surgery. Had a 6 month diet, got through all that. Had blood work, cardiac and pulmonary tests and got through all that. Insurance approved my claim within two days. Here I am with a nov 7 surgery date an scared to death!!! I have never had major surgery. My program requires a preop class with rn, I went to that an it all became very real. I have waited so long to do this but now that it's real I am freaking out...thoughts?

i think its normal ..im feeling shiftier now its gettin closer .try to keep calm and think things through .x

I think nearly all of the post op people felt like you.
Read their stories they are so glad they did it.
You will get lots of support on here.
Good luck x

I think it's completely normal for you to feel the way you do. I know I was terrified before my surgery. What you have to ask yourself is would you be happy to spend the rest of your life the way you are? Or possibly getting bigger. Think of your future health and how bad it could get if you don't go through with this life changing opportunity you've been given?

Think of all the things you really want to do, but can't do now because of your weight. You'll be able to do them all and more post bypass. Think of your boys and all the fun the slimmer fitter you will be able to have with them while they are still young. I know it's frightening and it isn't easy post bypass. But I tell you what? I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat if I had to.

Good luck and remember, there are lots of people on here to support you :)

Thanks everyone. I have an anxiety issue and this is just blowing it through the roof. I hate being out of control and this takes all the control away. Sometimes I sit an daydream about the new me and I get so excited but fear is getting the best of me. I'm in Illinois and having my surgery at DePaul health center in mo. Anyone else had theirs there? Thanks for the input I'm so thankful I found this place.

Hi Lindsay,

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you will get help here, although not sure how many here are from the US. You may or may not have noticed that a lot of people here are UK based, although there are some others. You will see from left hand sidebars that most are either NHS or self funded. You do get great advice here about pre op and post op life, but talk about surgeons and facilities tends to revolve around UK and European providers. Best of luck with your journey though, look forward to hearing how you get on. Off to bed now, after 2.30am here!

hi just wanted to say welcome xx

hi its all completely normal how you are feeling! i remember sitting in the ward before i went down and crying (mainly because i kept thinking about my little girl) and i remember the nurse saying when we were walking to the theatre how its funny everyone slows right down at this point! but its definitely the best thing i ever done so stick with it hun as i am sure you will feel the same xx

Just look at some of the stats listed under some Post Oppers here. Awsome stuff! Everyone gets scared, I know I will too, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. Life changing for the better.

Welcome b/t/w.

Hi i was scared too even sobbed all over the aneathetist poor thing but here i am 11 months later have absolutely no regrets except i should've done it years ago when i was young and not 50 xx but on the bright side i have two beautiful grandchildren i can play with :) good luck and take care x

Back