• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sooooo bl**dy cold all the time!

Bellydancer57

Just bought an electric blanket off Amazon. I am soooo cold all the time since my op & weight loss. I have good central heating & double glazing & used to be hot all the time. Now I can never seem to warm up.
Tonight had heating on high, extra jumper on, hot water bottle & blanket over me in my lounge. Obviously my loss of blubber insulation is a total shock to my system. Anyone else experiencing this?
Freezing in London! X

Yup- being bleedin' freezin' is a common problem I'm afraid. I always have my big cardy coat and a big fur rug on me in the lounge and my hands and feet have been like blocks of ice for the last 7.5 months ! Sometimes I just go and put them under the hot tap to feel some heat !!

I would say it's extremely common. I am also freezing all the time these days. Roll on the real summer days so I can enjoy feeling warm!

I am freezing too! And I was NEVER cold before surgery! I would have never thought I could even be cold. I guess all that fluff was good insulation. I'm just 7 wks post op and down 40 lbs. I wonder how I'll keep warm next winter? Lol if it means I'm healthier, I guess I'll freeze gratefully (but not quietly).

Well sorry for u folks too but glad I'm not alone. Hope that electric blanket gets here soon.
Roll on warmer weather. I might have to move to a warmer climate next winter. Now there's a thought!
Thx for the tips x

I would say it's extremely common. I am also freezing all the time these days. Roll on the real summer days so I can enjoy feeling warm!

Lol -Don't count on it Ruthie.Sorry to disappoint Even when we went abroad recently I had to have my cardy on and have extra blankets , plus wearing hubby's fleecy hoody over my jim jams, at night. Even when sunbathing my hands and feet remained freezing !

Me and my hubby have had complete reversal I'm six months post op and used to always be cold, now get so hot and bothered I go around opening windows. He used to live in shorts and turn the heating down everytime he walked past it, he now lives in jumpers and wears 5 tops to work as he is outside a lot then comes home saying its freezing in this house !

Lol -Don't count on it Ruthie.Sorry to disappoint Even when we went abroad recently I had to have my cardy on and have extra blankets , plus wearing hubby's fleecy hoody over my jim jams, at night. Even when sunbathing my hands and feet remained freezing !

Oh my!!! :(:eek::cry::sigh:

The blood thinners you get put on post op won't help I'm cold a lot, apart from last night where I over heated.

Yes ladies i am the same hands and feet cold all the time i usually go and have a hot bath or shower then put me wooly socks n jim jams and dressing gown, then like you all i have a fleecy blanket downstairs and my husband is aradiatior of heat in bed. I didn't think I would survive this winter when we had that very cold snap just had to keep drinking hot drinks and eating soup etc. I wanted to hibernate with the hedgehogs. Then I get hot flushes with the menopause i go from 1 extreme to another its pathetic really, but part of life now just have to gwet used to it. xx

I am another one constantly feeling cold.

I now have the heating up 2C higher.

OMG can't believe you all are feeling cold too. I even rang British Gas to come & look at my central heating system on Friday coz thought something wrong with it.
Last night I had 2 extra blankets on my usual duvet. Never used to wear anything in bed now PJs, bed socks etc. feel like a right old granny grunt.
Good news this morning Amazon have dispatch my new electric blanket yipppeeee.

Yep same here feel cold much more now my insulating blubber is going. Have resorted to thermals & extra layers by day fleecy pj's by night. Although I also have hot flushes as the fat burns off & releases hormones stored in it.
Looking forward to the summer in Spain 40 degrees in the shade beautiful.

Lucky you. Me thinks I need to visit somewhere warmer very soon.

Well if you like sun, mountains & quiet Spanish villages away from the vistas let me know my friend has a 1 & a 2bed Casa she rents out. Great rates.

Oh that sounds nice I will think about it what part of Spain? My partner has a house in Sardinia & a flat in Milan so was thinking of a couple of long weekends to Italy.
Tonight though I am feeling quite toasty for once!

Castille de la Mancha. About 2-2.5hrs north west of alicante airport or an hour southpaw of albacete. A little village called villares about 2km away from the town of Elche de la Sierra. It is beautiful, quiet & where the spaniards go for a country holiday very few English live in the area & although some of the locals do speak English it is mainly Spanish only but they try to help you out if you try to speak Spanish. It's a really great area. Beautiful local pools set in & around the mountain villages. Some fed by mountain springs all really cheap. If you're interested I'll message you my friends details & try & link you to a set of photos of the casas & the area.

Yes please that sounds lovely. My email is [email protected]
I learnt Spanish at school & still remember a bit. Love places that re off the UK tourist trail.
Thx a million.
Kim x

See I am always cold pre op. I am worried that my OH will wake up one morning after post of and find a popsicle in bed with him!

Back