• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is anyone else going thru this or am I unique?

Caroline101061

Im 16 months post op today actually. This is a list of things wrong with me:
End Stage Arthritis in both knees - weight related I know
Giant Fibroids - anyone can get these if you are a girl
M.E. - probably as a result of the rollercoaster my body has been through over the past 16 months says the Doc
Hiatus Hernia - repaired 4 weeks ago and now looks like its back - have to go for more tests

In short, Ive lost 11 stone and I feel the worst Ive ever felt and I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing a bout of ill health post surgery or if Im just in the midst of a humongous patch of bad luck?

Oh gosh, I cant help you there but I want to give you a huge hug and say that I hope you improve really soon xx
It just goes to show, losing a lot of weight doesnt always make life better like people think it will, health can still be bad much much slimmer.
Take care xx
Steph xx

I've got the arhtritis and the giant fibroids but had them before the op. I think hernias etc can be a side effect of he surgery at any time but not yet for me.

Hope you can get sorted out real soon

M

Really sorry to hear that you're not feeling great.

I've never been healthier. I haven't even had a cold since!

I hope your luck returns xx

Hi There,

I know a couple of years ago when I shed 6 stone it seemed to uncover a whole host of issues that I had. I think that the weight had pretty much been hiding them - or the reason I felt crap prior to loosing weight was cos I needed to loose the weight.
I have a friend with ME, she manages it really well and knows that when she needs to step back from work / social things to take time out to rest, she does just so. By doing this she seems to avoid long bouts of feeling low and tired. I'll ask her if there are support groups / forums and the like.

Back