• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I know this is silly

stefanie

But I am just under two weeks until bypass. I am daring now to look at clothes, I have seen something I would love, it's just a Cardigan , but part of me thinks go on buy it, but another part tells me to wait. Has anyone else gone through this? I am a 26 I think ( but wear a 30) and the Cardigan is a 16. I hope I don't come across as pathetic but I have no one else to talk to that would understand.

Can I also say that I am finding liquid pre op diet a real struggle but when I feel I am having a weak moment I just log on here and read all your wonderful stories and amazing advice, and it gets me over a sticky patch. I have not cheated and I have so far lost 26lbs in just over 4 weeks (not all liquid liver shrinkage just watching what I have been eating)

Thanks to you all

Gosh I sure do bang on!!!!!
Steg

Hi stefanie, you don't sound silly at all hun. It was only last week that i started a post very similar but i'm far from having my op and i'm already getting the urge to buy myself something nice. As you have only got a couple of weeks to go, i say "GO FOR IT GIRL" It's only a cardigan and it will be a nice visual for you to work towards. Hang it somewhere so you can see it everyday. It will spur you to do your absolute best x

Hey Stef, your doing amazing, im currently on the milk diet about to start my fourth week, and have lost about the same as you, keep the good work up, I know its not easy, but think of all the positives.

Buy the cardi - it'll be the first of many if your pre-op weight loss is anything to go by xx

Go and buy the cardigan,
It will give you something to work towards!
I did the same and bought a couple of things in smaller sizes that I really loved,well I fit into them now ..
I too was a 26 and now I'm 16...
Good luck x

Well done love on your weightloss and magnificent efforts so far...

Regarding the clothes... I had a sparkly thin mohair cardigan bought for me at Christmas by my Sister in a size 18. I was wearing 24 to 26's. It was awful to open the parcel and when I tried to put my arm into it... I could have cried.

My Sister said, you will be having your wls in one month and keep it at the front of your wardrobe... she knew I would love this cardigan.

I'm nearly there, 7 weeks post op and I'm 3 inches away from fastening the cardigan!

Keep on chugging, keep positive and keep looking forward, always at your side.

Love and hugs, good luck with your surgery and keep in touch if I can be of any help. xxx

You should definitely buy the cardy. Put it on a hanger and hang it on the outside of your wardrobe to spur you on when you are feeling a bit low. I will be doing that each month or six weeks because the weight loss should at the beginning be about a dress size each 4/6 weeks. I cant wait and I am going to be doing exactly what you are..... looking ahead and planning.
Good luck.
Lynne x

Oh yeah, I defo think you should buy it and keep it in sight, so you can see what you have to look forward to wearing. Good luck. xxx

The only thing I'd caution you about is to think what time of year you might hit the size 16. Is it a cardigan you could wear at any time? Otherwise you might never wear it. Also, I'll bet you see absolutely tons of stuff you want to wear once you get down in sizes.
But as others have said, it's nice to be able to hang something on the front of your wardrobe and use it to inspire you.

Good luck with the stopping smoking Yorkiegal.
Lynne x

Thank you all so much for taking the time and trouble to reply. Ok, I am going tomorrow to buy it...... How exciting

Lots of live to you all x

Thank you all so much for taking the time and trouble to reply. Ok, I am going tomorrow to buy it...... How exciting

Lots of live to you all x
You'll have to put a piccy on of your new cardigan for all to see....!!

Like all the others say definitely buy the cardigan, you have done so well on your pre-op diet, you should be so proud of yourself. You deserve it, and once you've lost the weight you know you wont be able to find it again!!!!

Like Wizzbang said put it somewhere you can see it, and it will fit you in no time
Best of luck with your journey
Take Care X

Ok, so I went to buy it but they did nit have it in stock!!!! Typical xxx

Thanks for all your help and for not making me feel silly x

Buy it girl! In the first 3-4 weeks after surgery, recovering at home, shopping (online) is all I did, all in smaller sizes. It may take a while to fit into them but that doesn't matter. It's such a great feeling to be able to wear smaller things. Most Saturdays I try on some of my smaller clothes, to see if they fit. It's great fun!
I say get the cardigan ;-)

OH NO I only just read that you said they didn't have it in stock! Booo... but in general I say get yourself something nice in a smaller size, to motivate yourself and to look forward to x

Thinking of you Angel and hope you've taken the plunge!

It's a great feeling isn't it love!

Take care xxx

Back