• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am i ever going to loose!?

lily.m

ok so i had my band in sep 2012 at kings college london, and ok that hasnt been long but all ive lost is 2 and a half stone, from first fill to second (6 weeks) of healthy diet and gym i didnt loose a thing.... not a ounce!! i can admit im inpatient but its very disheartening when you loose nothing after all the dedication. i got distracted from gym because of a death in the family but if anything that made me move more and eat less so how nothing is budging is beyond me?
does anyone else feel like this is just another weight loss attempt about to fail?

thanks lily xox

Don't think of 2.5 stone as failing diet. It's fantastic since September. And remember if you are going to the gym rgularly you may be losing fat and building muscle, and unless I've fallen for some urban myth, muscle is heavier. Are you noticing a difference with your clothes?

only a couple items of clothing feel a bit different, but i bought some jeans only one size smaller and takes about a million years to do up lol. i know im inpatiant and just want instant gratification and getting annoyed lol
thanks lily xox

What are you actually eating? Its often not so much in terms of quantities but the types and what foods you're eating - have you contacted your provider to discuss with them? You may be due a fill (if weight loss plateaus then this is what is often used to kick start it too) but you will only lose if you're eating the right foods along with the exercise too . . .

Do you keep a food diary? It can help immensely . . .but if you can share what you're eating, what quantities etc then maybe we can help but also, you've lost 2 1/2 stone, average weekly weight losses on a band are 1-2lb so approx half a stone a month, so you're still on track with that, but maybe you're in need of another fill or some dietician help and guidance from your provider :)

I had my band at kings college too,the way u have to think about it is "this will work" dont even give it a option not too,u have to work ur ass off to see results and its very hard but VERY worth it xx

I had my band at kings college too,the way u have to think about it is "this will work" dont even give it a option not too,u have to work ur ass off to see results and its very hard but VERY worth it xx

This is very true, it is hard work and you really do have to work your ass off to see and get results . . . :)

I had mine fitted last April and still waiting to loose weight!! so far I have lost ....... 1kg = 2.2 pounds.
I have 5ml in a 10ml band and I have no restriction, back for another fill tomorrow, so fingers crossed, I feel something soon

ok so i had my band in sep 2012 at kings college london, and ok that hasnt been long but all ive lost is 2 and a half stone, from first fill to second (6 weeks) of healthy diet and gym i didnt loose a thing.... not a ounce!! i can admit im inpatient but its very disheartening when you loose nothing after all the dedication. i got distracted from gym because of a death in the family but if anything that made me move more and eat less so how nothing is budging is beyond me?
does anyone else feel like this is just another weight loss attempt about to fail?

thanks lily xox

Hello there

Sorry to hear of your loss, eating less does not automatically mean you lose more because your body goes into starvation mode and stores body fat x

I had my band fitted in may and iv only really started losing in September and iv lost nearly 3 stone since sept. so for 5 months I lost nothing just give it time you will get there in the end xxx

I think a wieght loss of 2.5 stone is great, I was just banded last week by Dr Patel from Kings and I hope in four months I will be able to report such wieght loss.

although I've only had my band for six days, I know what it feels like to be seemingly eat less but to not see the wieght loss u would expect. I would advice you assess what and when you eat. At 240lbs I have friends who at skinny minnies who eat more then me yet I cant shift the wieght.

What I have noticed from the way they eat is
1- they all have breakfast, I used to think not having breakfast was a good wieght loss tool but now I throughly advise everyone to have breakfast.
2- they drink a lot of water, my go to drink is either a latte or a can of coke, apart from the calories they also dehydrate the body and deplete nutrients. So I would say get lots of clean fluids throughout the day in the form of water, green tea and herbal teas etc....
3 - Protein before carbs - firstly up your protein intake is a must, but also eat your protein in meals first before your carbs. In regards to carbs keep them as close to the way nature made them as possible.
4- Avoid processed at all costs - aside from taking up valuable calorie intake, modern day processed food is mentally addictive and chemically destructive especially to the overweight. If you consider all the hormonal and metabolic hurdles wieght loss involves, processed food essentially makes those hurdles impossible to get over.
4- Fillers vs treats - because of my job I would often grab a chocolate or biscuits to fill hunger throughout the day. Try to see these as treats and not fillers. Look for more health nibble food like nuts, seeds, cheese squares, raw veg
5 - Discipline and willpower - the magic ingredient

Also you may try changing your exercise regime add some weights and HIIT, as I find your body gets used to the level of exercise quite quickly.

I've lost 3st since September also so can understand your frustration. I'm limited on the amount of exercise due to arthritis and fibromyalgia but weight loss is still weight loss. You are losing the average 7lb a month so be proud of that. You have lost the weight of an average 3-4 year old which is amazing when you look at that perspective.

Thanks everyone for your replies since that post I've lost another stone but also I'm in constant pain so hard being at the gym at the moment. I'm trying to keep up my calories and eat well as I'm always ill with something different because I'm generally run down.
I do keep a food diary via app on my phone, I'm still young and yes I do get my mum to keep track of my food to make sure I'm not being silly with my choices. Also my boyfriend is dieting with me so if also tries to keep me on track. I think I got the band thinking I would drop the weight and be happy but I know now like Tracey said I have to just work hard and know that it can't fail.
Thanks all.

Xx

Back