• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is anyone else missing their padding?

CCPM

Fighting on day by day
Just before my op I had bought a new bed so about a year old. Well these last few nights I've been cursing as I just can't get comfy and OH has been muttering about the fact that it cost a small fortune and I got drawn in by the adverts etc etc. Alongside this I'm wriggling about in my armchair unable to get comfy either and thinking do I need a new job lot there as well. Then at work today my chair is uncomfy and I'm starting to get convinced that I have arthritis appearing in a new site hips and backside so I toddle off to discuss this with the docs.

After having me leap on the couch, do various tests he asks me to explain what, where the pain is etc etc. Then he tracks this and ends up bursting out laughing. Well he may be my partner but he doesn't get to laugh at my ailments as I explain in some irate detail. He then explains that its my bones, yes I say cutting him off in his prime I understand osteoarthritis I didn't come down with the last shower, I know its my bones. Nope its because your bones are now closer to the surface and not so padded by fat so they're just feeling pressure pain signals and need time to adjust. I was beetroot red by this time, for the first time a doc has told me its because I'm thinner that I'm having problems.

Well its still hurting, both my pride and my backside, does anyone else have this problem and if so does it go away? I don't trust those docs they could tell me any old rubbish.

M

ROFL M i can laugh with you on this one because i too miss my padding, sitting in the bath, on the sofa, laying in bed. I am now almost 14 months post op and still feel the pressure if i sit still for long.

Wait until you have to be told to cross your leg on your thigh to try a shoe/boot ect on then you will wonder where your mind is, i just could not grasp the fact i COULD lift my leg high enough to do this at one point

Same here. I feel it in bed, on the sofa and in the bath. I have added a mattress topper which has made a bit of difference to getting a good nights sleep.

Well the other night I was watching the t.v when my hubby said why are you feeling your own ar*se pmsl. I didnt know that I was at the time, but to be honest I keep caressing it thinking is this mine!!!! hip bones n all!! :8855::8855::8855:.

Its bonkers isn't it? I spend ages looking at me nekked - its a bad habit - got to be broken, but I haven't seen some of me for a lifetime. Plus I'm not the same shape as I was when I was last at this weight I suppose because of middle age spread.

Thanks for the suggestion of the mattress topper I might add that in - perhaps waiitng until OH is off on some cricket do or other as he hasn't yet recovered from the bed purchase and he might faint if he thinks I'm buying another expensive layer to add to it. I night say it was a free add on extra....need to ponder that one

M

I'm with you all on this one! I went out on my bike for the first time since the autumn and boy did my butt hurt...i used to have my very own built in gel seat!!!!!!!!

Im only missing my padding cos i'm bloody freezing at the mo:D:D, and Boo is missing my boobies to go asleep on, as she used to when she was little:D:D
It is weird feeling cold n boney tho innit:D:D

Im freezing at the mo as well...ive never had so many baths! anything to keep new established bones warm!!!!!!

Back