• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bored with my op?

CCPM

Fighting on day by day
Gosh I'm really at it again - new threads by the dozen...well almost.

I met a friend today who had a sleeve 14 months ago and when I asked her how she was she said 'Don't start, I've had enough of all that now I just want to be normal..' Do you? Does the op and all it means get to be ..yawn..boring? At 9 months out I'm still in the 'where will I get to?' phase, still dealing with the losing weight, still understanding my RNY. When did you get to the stage its boring, move on etc? Will you ever? Do you want to?

M

Intresting question
I was out with my sister today (few hrs release from the ward) and we were in a garden centre that has a really nice unusual foods section.
My sister is coeliac and we were looking at the gluten free sweets and along side them were the sugar free sweets.
Things like that really still dont do anything for me.
Im still loving my bypass love the results and enjoy my food.
carole

I'm on the verge of moving on, i've moved from the weight lose stage to maintenance and i'm no longer looking at or trying to lose any more weight, my journey now has taken a different route, one of fitness and health which i'll maintain long term.

I'm not bored yet, but am only 6.5 months out, and still enjoying all the changes the op has given me:D:D

I'm certainly not bored. I'm excited at where I'm going. I still have 5 or 6 stone to lose but my fitness to increase!

Just today I have ordered £75 of multivits, fat burners, protein shakes etc. I just am enjoying my enthusiasm to the max.

I am on 12.5 hour days and used to come home after picking up an extra large meal to lay with and eat in bed watching the TV. Today I've come home, 12 minutes on the cross trainer and benched pressed some weights!

I just am enjoyng life so so much at the moment!

I'm bored of constantly thinking about weight lose, nutrition, exercise and ensuring i keep the weight of, guess old habbits die hard ! - still it beats being fat though.

I am rather an anorak still at the mo. All I can think of is my health and weight loss. I hope that I can relax more with it as I get further out but do recognise I have an obsessive personallity as I will read, read and read some more on subjects which effect me. I am now nearly in a healthy bmi and worry now that weight loss is not slowing so no I am not bored, more obsessed! lol

Obsessive?? Who, me??? (raises hand hoping teacher will call on her)

I would say that I am completely and utterly obsessed with my bypass. In fact I am obsessed with other people's bypasses as well! I think that by educating myself to the extreme in my research-obsessed fashion I have become very passionate on the subject of wls. I now feel as though working in the wls field is my calling, and that is a fact I am thrilled about. I am looking currently for ways to incorporate my passion into my long-term goals in the field of psychological research and healthcare management.

So am I bored? Not even a little bit. Is it normal to want to move on? Yes I think it is a normal part of the process. But I have never in my life claimed to be normal so I shouldn't expect it now! Am I worried that I am not ready to 'move on' from my bypass? Naw, I will just celebrate my geekdom and hope that I can really incorporate my personal experience into a career I will love living the dream.

Nic:p

Im not bored with my bypass.....but i think everyone else is!!!!!!

Obsessive?? Who, me??? (raises hand hoping teacher will call on her)

I would say that I am completely and utterly obsessed with my bypass. In fact I am obsessed with other people's bypasses as well! I think that by educating myself to the extreme in my research-obsessed fashion I have become very passionate on the subject of wls. I now feel as though working in the wls field is my calling, and that is a fact I am thrilled about. I am looking currently for ways to incorporate my passion into my long-term goals in the field of psychological research and healthcare management.

So am I bored? Not even a little bit. Is it normal to want to move on? Yes I think it is a normal part of the process. But I have never in my life claimed to be normal so I shouldn't expect it now! Am I worried that I am not ready to 'move on' from my bypass? Naw, I will just celebrate my geekdom and hope that I can really incorporate my personal experience into a career I will love living the dream.

Nic:p

nic its 2.30 in the morning im suffering like hell and this has just bought the biggest smile to my face. It is sooooo you
love ya
xx
carole

Back